Not to be able to build near alien spawns

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

HuevoPodrido
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Not to be able to build near alien spawns

Post by HuevoPodrido »

I did a quick search and I believe this has not been suggested already:
In late game I find too easy to farm alien artifacts. Let me explain what i mean:

I suck at using the tank/car or using robot modules, which usually lead me to dead when attacking alien spawns in order to farm the artifacts, so, I decided to just advance with laser turrets, and with a handful of them you can steadly destroy the richest of the alien villages. No effort, no emotion, just business. I understand that this game is mainly about building, the survival is kinda secundary, but sometimes i just want to play for the hell of just waging war against the locals. And it's kinda boring, so, my suggestion is:

"Not to be able to build near alien spawns". My basis is, to make the locals stronger, or make new types to counter turrets would compromise the defense, the point is not make the game harder, but to make attack the locals harder, so, making unable to build near them with like, for instance, some kind of creep like the zergs, or the grass of the Age of Mithology using Gea, would force the player to use the weapons of the game to engage war, and at the same time not changing the defense style until now.

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Not to be able to build near alien spawns

Post by aubergine18 »

Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Not to be able to build near alien spawns

Post by ssilk »

I created a new subject about this: viewtopic.php?f=80&t=32867 Ideas to Avoid Turret Creeping

:)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”