Forums and in game mod tool

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

ltl king
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Forums and in game mod tool

Post by ltl king »

When looking through the forums to find all the available mods.
The mods are in multiple categories in forums and multiple sub categories inside of sub categories.
The forums need an overhaul.
I was thinking of making a single list of all mods with links to their forum thread but there are so many. I don't know where to find them all and so many for 1 person to do in their spare time.

When in the game. Every time you make a change in the mod helper area. The game restarts.
Let the game be until the person goes back to the main menu or give an option for the player to restart the game on their own.
When you want to toggle on/off 5 mods. You shouldn't have to restart the game 5X's.

When looking at the mods in the mod finder tool and in the toggle on/off menu. Have a clickable link direct to the mod forum post.
At least allow the player to mouse over and highlight to copy the link and paste it.
If you have a problem with the mod and want to have a look at the forum post. Trying to find said mod is not an easy task.

In the mod search tool. A short description to what the mod does would be helpful.
1. The owners of the mod could be required to write a250 character description to be submitted for review.
2. The game will automatically grab the 1st 250 characters off the top of the forum post to be put in into the mod search tool.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Forums and in game mod tool

Post by ssilk »

Note that the forum is thought for 0.12 mods.
From 0.13 on the modders should use the modding-platform.

Due to the fact, that the comfort of modding-plattform is yet not 100% comparable to that of phpBB (the forum software), many modders still use the forum.
I guess the devs won't change this, because of various reasons.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”