Underground/Mining Levels

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

HEXtheDark
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Underground/Mining Levels

Post by HEXtheDark »

Hello all,

I really like Factorio and out's industrial-"build a factory" gameplay. There is only one thing I really miss: mining.
While there are the drills and all, I would really like to see something like building ones own mine shafts.
This could be done (if not to much of a work from the programming side) by two things.
Either, there are complete underground levels, where you can dig your way through walls (i think this could be done similar to cutting down trees, where you would "cut down" walls or a given thickness of blocks). Resources would take longer to mine and would form long beds or seams, and drills would slowly move (or had to move) deeper into the rock after one "wall" is destroyed.
Or, another way, would be to give the world an underground. With a button (probably after having done the research) you could switch to an underground view, seeing your conveyor belts and pipes there and more resources, placed where the other ones are. kind of switching from strip mining to underground mining.

Just a rough thought, what do you people think?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Underground/Mining Levels

Post by ssilk »

Moved to suggestions and have a look at this search: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/sea ... ning&fid=6

That's just the pick of the iceberg about that. :)

You can look into the mods-board: f-mod already provides such things.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

HEXtheDark
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Underground/Mining Levels

Post by HEXtheDark »

I was under the impression I posted this under the suggestions... Well, great way to make a first impression and a fool out of myself. Thanks for the help!

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”