keep train stop names on blueprint

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

TheUnknown007
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

keep train stop names on blueprint

Post by TheUnknown007 »

Exactly as the title says, just as there is a checkbox for whether you want to keep the tiles / entities on a blueprint, I want a checkbox for keeping the train stop names the same.

Usecase: for when you want to built a blueprint with the same name. My personal use case is because I am expanding my rail network. I have a supply train, and a blueprint with train stop (and roboport, chests, ...). I want the train to come as soon as I place the blueprint, without the need to change the stop name manually.

person3triple0
Inserter
Inserter

Re: keep train stop names on blueprint

Post by person3triple0 »

+1

I'd really appreciate this functionality. It'd make naming stations much simpler

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Optionally keep train station names in blueprints

Post by sparr »

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=46837
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=32262
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=46086

This seems to have been interpreted as a bug and/or requested as a feature at least a few times. I'm building a blueprint book right now that I'm going to use to build a network with hundreds of same-name stations. Copying the names after placing the blueprints will be very tedious, to the point that I'll probably end up crafting a lua oneliner to do it instead. I would love to have a checkbox on the blueprint creation dialog where I can choose to preserve station (and other entity?) names.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Merged topics.

In my opinion the naming of everything needs a complete overhaul, cause the current names and namings are just stupid. For train stops for example I would like to have a system more like in OpenTTD (Basic city name + Substation name).

An option, where I need to decide before placing a blueprint, what I want now is not useful, that reduces the simpleness of blueprints a lot.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

TheUnknown007
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheUnknown007 »

It shouldn't be that you have to decide every time you want to place that blueprint, just every time you want to switch (or maybe even only when you create it)

So:
create blueprint - set check mark to preserve names
place blueprint - with preserved names
go to blueprint - deselect check mark for preserving names
place blueprint - with new names
place blueprint - with new names
go to blueprint - check check mark for preserving names

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Well, there are already some switches, but only when creating a blueprint. I don't want to think "Uhh, I forgot to press this button...", cause then this feature makes more work than as it spares.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

ssilk wrote:Well, there are already some switches, but only when creating a blueprint. I don't want to think "Uhh, I forgot to press this button...", cause then this feature makes more work than as it spares.
The "tiles" switch appears both when creating a blueprint and when editing a blueprint. Names would work in a similar fashion. You check a box when you create the blueprint if you want it to contain entity names, then later you can uncheck the box on the existing blueprint if you want to use it without applying the saved names.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”