@Official Scenario Server

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

credomane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

@Official Scenario Server

Post by credomane »

So I was directed here, I think, to post issues I've seen with the official scenario server. These are NOT factorio bugs but issues with the scenario itself.

• BUG: stone paths and concrete paths are not removed between matches. This gives one team a potentially massive speed advantage in moving about their area.
  • BUG: Increase the space between each team's area. Currently is is possible to dump items into an enemy team's chests. Effectively harming your own team to help the "enemy".
  • BUG: First team to complete challenge is not announced; only the round ending in 2min is announced. 2nd and 3rd teams are announced however.
  • SUGGESTION: Team balance. The scenario seems to remember teams for when people disconnect which is great but drop the individual from the team after a while. This would allow for a new player to fill an empty spot in a team. Currently new players are perpetually put in new teams while older teams are stuck with 1 or 2 players until the next round. This unevenness is really apparent in long matches where two teams are stuck each by themselves but new player keep joining and end up on a brand new team.
  • SUGGESTION: When in spectator mode only the leader board is shown. would be extremely nice if the current goal was displayed. Then for a bonus perhaps even the current score for all teams for the current match.
[edit]
Organized list and added another bug.
Last edited by credomane on Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: @Official Scenario Server

Post by Koub »

H'i,

I think your requests may have higher chance to be processed if you split them into several topics, that you would post :
- in Balancing subforum for the balancing issues (I'd say the first two and the fourth),
- in Ideas and Suggestions for the third.

As you said it yourself, these are not bugs, and have little to no chance to be taken into consideration if left here.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

I think the scenario is only used for testing multiplayer stability rather than making an actual competitive game. It will take much more work to make it balance and fun to play.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Thanks for the report,

I still have a lot of stuff to do on the scenario,
And so be sure to look for some of these to be implemented,
As they're already on my to do list.

However none of these are really bugs, except maybe the concrete and stone paths,
So i will move this thread to ideas and suggestions

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Had tons of fun yesterday. Just some ideas of mine:
  1. make team chat default and add command for chat to all
  2. make it possible to join as a team and not get split up
Greetings

Fortanono
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Fortanono »

I suggest two infinite tanks on either side of the accumulator: petroleum gas and lubricant. Along with new objectives this could be nice to have.

Leris
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Leris »

The team challenges are AWESOME. I have been playing LOTS.

I noticed a few strange behavior:

* Spectators will not see "challenge" tasks
* Spectators will not see chat message, which team has completed tasks

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”