Probably in here somewhere...

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Chainsaw
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Probably in here somewhere...

Post by Chainsaw »

Sound on alert system.

Can't count the number of times that I've been working on part of my base only to have critters chewing on another part, oh yeah the warning symbol is there but I'm too involved in what I'm working on to notice. It became such a common problem that I ended up making a warning turret (huge range, huge size slow beam, no damage, air raid siren sound).

Can someone inform me how to add a simple beep or link to sound file to the alert system?

Ability to save & swap blueprints.

The game is all about automation. So why do I need to keep manually making the same blueprints every game I play, it's nothing but a chore. I constantly use the same layout for factories, refining, train stations and storage areas. Making the storage areas I do not consider fun or entertaining as I like everything sorted. I'd really like to not have to do that every new game, takes ages setting all those filtered arms (10x worse now that I play with F-Mod & DyTech). Would be great to be able to layout the same storage setup each game and have the same items in the same places and it not take hours off my life. Hell, if it didn't take so much time I might even notice that I'm being attacked.

I trade ideas with my friend, currently all we can do is screenshots and tedious replicating. The clutter of some layouts forced me to draw them in excel so it was easy to follow (example attached). I suppose I could make a texture replacement pack, but the work involved...)

It would be more fun to have to fork out a million purple science packs to unlock user blueprints than it is to manually remake the same ones every game.
science-3.jpg
science-3.jpg (158.02 KiB) Viewed 1203 times
(edit: just fixed the pic that was missing 1 red inserter)

Bleda
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Probably in here somewhere...

Post by Bleda »

nice design. however, one tier 3 or 2 tier 1 circuit factories should be enough for this. maybe you can make this even more compact. ;)

I think everybody here agrees on that there should be a way of sharing blueprints and the devs know it. but it's never bad to remind them. :)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”