[0.14] Let Vehicle Grid tap the engine for electricity

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.14] Let Vehicle Grid tap the engine for electricity

Post by BlakeMW »

I've always felt that equipment should be relatively easy to power on a vehicle, since a vehicle has a big honking combustion engine which can run an alternator (or hydraulic pump) to power other equipment.

To be fair, the vehicle should lose power while the engine is being tapped to power the grid, or the grid should lose power while the vehicle is using maximum power.

One way this could work, is the the vehicle's drivetrain itself is a piece of equipment (perhaps hidden, or perhaps visible and upgradeable) which consumes energy to make the vehicle move, the vehicle produces say, 600kW, which is shared between the drivetrain and any modular equipment installed.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.14] Let Vehicle Grid tap the engine for electricity

Post by ssilk »

There are a lot similar ideas around taping the electric power from the power suit - to charge it or something.
With what I've read tonight about 0.14 this seems to be possible.

I found those threads:

viewtopic.php?f=80&t=17734 New types of vehicles (train, tank, car, plane, ship...)
--> Electric trains. With the grid addon electric locomotive seems to be just a modular expansion - PROVIDED, that we have a device that can charge accumulator if in reach to power poles. So I've also added it to that list.

Also found this threads about how such a charger could work:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6866 Local power connector module for modular armor
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24209 Suit charger or portable device charger
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”