Less annoying warning about console commands

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Less annoying warning about console commands

Post by Adil »

The warning about achievements and console commands is nice and all, however, it's really annoying when you do modding.
if it was one time message it would be tolerable.
But in pops up whenever you enter first command in the session, regardless of whether you've done actions that disable achievements in this game before.
It shouldn't keep pestering player through game loads in a save that is already blocked from achievements. And it shouldn't pop up when there are mods anyway. (Actually, some other warning should be given in that case.)
I do mods. Modding wiki is friend, it teaches how to mod. Api docs is friend too...
I also update mods, some of them even work.
Recently I did a mod tutorial.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Less annoying warning about console commands

Post by Klonan »

This is fixed (I think) in the version 0.13.18, that it won't warn you if the achievements are already disabled:
Sneak peek of changelog wrote:Fixed console command warning not sticking through save-load.

siggboy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by siggboy »

What about the "in your face" warning of having launched a rocket without a satellite. Is that really necessary after you've already "won" the game by launching a satellite into orbit?

I'm playing with Orbital Ion Cannon, and I mass launch those instead of satellite. Getting that same warning every time is a bit annoying.

Maybe it should be a simple text message instead of a popup, it would also be nice if you could simply disable it entirely.
Is your railroad worrying you? Doctor T-Junction recommends: Smart, dynamic train deliveries with combinator Magick

IronCartographer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by IronCartographer »

You could always edit the control.lua for your save.

siggboy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by siggboy »

IronCartographer wrote:You could always edit the control.lua for your save.
Thanks. A good idea indeed.

Not really suitable for the average player, but solves my first world problem right there :).
Is your railroad worrying you? Doctor T-Junction recommends: Smart, dynamic train deliveries with combinator Magick

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”