Sports Tank

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Woodmn
Inserter
Inserter

Sports Tank

Post by Woodmn »

There seems to be several suggestions for up-gunned and up-armored tanks, but after stumbling upon a video showing off the 'Ripsaw EV2" ( https://youtu.be/P5FjZUwe000 ) which is essentially a bulldozer/tank on steroids. I noticed that there are few suggestions for fast off road travel (with the car being the fragile exception).

To sum it up, what I propose is a tank-like vehicle that has a lower top speed than the car on stone/concrete, but can go faster than the car off road. It would accelerate very quickly (possibly balanced by being fuel hungry) and have reasonable armor that can cope with hitting trees/rocks. It would be fitted with an SMG like the car for defense. As a possible extra, make it so that it can drive across 'shallow' water (the water closer to cyan than a darker blue). But you cant get out unless you are on dry land allowing for water crossing of shallow 'rivers' when exploring. To make hiding in the water from biters less of a thing it could also have a particular weakness to spitter/worm attack.
Edit: Possible life jacket that if the tank is destroyed in the water will move you to the nearest area of land greater than <x> tiles. If you dont have one then you drown.

It would be late game and require a lot of late game parts while only having a moderately sized boot, but would make exploring/bush bashing quicker and easier.

Just an idea, but one that would make traversing land around factories a lot easier.
Why are you reading this?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Sports Tank

Post by ssilk »

There is the spidertron planned. https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-120
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”