My take on a 3X direction

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Touffman
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

My take on a 3X direction

Post by Touffman »

Hello everyone !

This year has seen a bunch of games based on space, (only to mention NMS) and I've thought about a way to play after creating the rocket.
Hence the "3X" in the title, for space exploration, expand and exploit other planets. (maybe exterminate the bitters though...)

Some ideas might have already been suggested, however this one is going to be a bunch of stuff mixed together so I'm trying to be as clear as possible.
I'll put in red what's already in the game and in green the new items.

So basically when you finish building the rocket you "win" the game. Some times ago, developpers thought about playing and building in outter space to keep the player busy. (https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-74) However, they scrapped it.

- This is what came to my mind :

Let's assume you've build the rocket launcher. The player should then build the rocket itself, or in my opinion, rather a spaceship. The recipe could be the same as the rocket but for one thing, a new component.
This component would be obtained through mining and manufacturing a new type of raw material : deep metal. (Let's say for instance : uranium).
This deep metal would be present in the world , under the surface, invisible until you build a detector, for instance :

Mining Uranium would need a new deep mining drill , and then would be manufactured into spaceship components, used to take off towards outer space.

Once the player leaves the planet, he comes accross a new one to start again... however, unlike the first planet, the new one has different kind of deep metal. (for instance , thorium).

And so on.

- What happens then to the world(s) left behind ?

Well, at first the player would have a cheap spaceship that "crashes" each time on every world. So that you have to build another one to take off.
But then, after some times, the player could freely come back and forth between their visited places through a more consistent spaceship.
In order to keep an eye on previous world, the player could build and launch some satellites and keep giving orders to the construction/logistics robots. The range/effect of these orders would be limited to roboports' range however.
The bitters in all visited worlds would keep attacking the player's base like he was still here. Ressources would deplete, and so on.

- Goal of all this ?

Now we can have some kind of goal (or achievements?) for the game like :
- to conquer X worlds ;
- to visit the universe ;
- to find different kinds of deep metals to build ultra complex space buildings...

the game would then be open to any space opera possibility.

Thanks for reading, sorry for the jumbled images.

Cya
Last edited by Touffman on Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: My take on a 3X direction

Post by Koub »

Totally off topic, but you should really host your images on the forum (or link the actual image, not the page where the image is).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Touffman
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Touffman »

Edited =) thanks

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Really nice, I love the pics.
Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=24090 viewtopic.php?f=80&t=24090 Collection of End-Game-Ideas / Enhancing Endgame
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”