Modular storage

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Woodmn
Inserter
Inserter

Modular storage

Post by Woodmn »

Note: I have no idea how hard this would be to code so if it's pretty much impossible, just leave a message as I have several ideas that I think could be cool that would require multi-part buildings.

With the whole talk of reactors, I was wondering if it would be possible to build various buildings using peaceable items that would snap together to produce customize-able buildings.

Such as a 'storage pile'. To sum it up it would allow for massive storage of thousands if items, however each 'pile' can only store one type of item, limiting it mainly to buffers or filling belts. This is due to it being interacted with by two items, a loader and hopper. These items can be placed anywhere on the sides of the rectangular 'pile' (likely made from walls) and operate in a similar way to the loader from FF# 128 ( https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-128 ) however it would only operate with this 'pile'. Larger piles would have larger storage storage (>/= if the entire area was filled with steel chests). However not every item can be stored in a pile. I was thinking limiting it to: Iron ore, Copper ore, Coal, Stone, Stone brick, Iron plate, Copper plate, Steel plate, wood and maybe green circuits. This would mean that main bus systems could have massive buffers with enough output to put up with sudden demand on resources. Even if the unloaders are limited to only being able to fully fill a red belt.

While the loader itself seemed OP, I think that the limitations and restrictions this would impose would limit it making it much more balanced.
Why are you reading this?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Modular storage

Post by ssilk »

Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=23008 Warehouse / Depot / Storage / Stock (and related)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”