An online market to trade with other players?

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Hollo1001
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

An online market to trade with other players?

Post by Hollo1001 »

Hi, :idea:
I think it would be great if the game would have a feature, what you can turn on and off, to have a market (like a stock exchange) to trade with others in fair prices.
Or like machines to trade. (one that buys stuff if its available and one that sells)
Do you think it would fit in the game?
Hollo1001 :)

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: An online market to trade with other players?

Post by Koub »

I'm afraid it would be detrimental to the game :
Whereas acquiring the first ressources and building the very beginning of your base, everything seems expensive (in time as in ressources). If there was such an online market place, people in end-game who have productions of thousands of let's say green circuits per minute could sell a handful of them for nothing to people beginning their gameplay, just removing all the interest of early game.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Hollo1001
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hollo1001 »

Koub wrote:I'm afraid it would be detrimental to the game :
Whereas acquiring the first ressources and building the very beginning of your base, everything seems expensive (in time as in ressources). If there was such an online market place, people in end-game who have productions of thousands of let's say green circuits per minute could sell a handful of them for nothing to people beginning their gameplay, just removing all the interest of early game.
Ok to fix this that "trademachines" could cost rare resources witch you only can get in Lategame?

Woodmn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Woodmn »

This whole idea just doesn't fit the game at all. Half the game is about you on your own, surviving and building a factory, which in the end will likely end up with you bugging out in a space craft either back to civilization or other planets. Requiring you to mine, process, build and defend, all while juggling power, resources and defenses. You might as well let them trade power, letting people with solar arrays that would cover kilometers of land, flog off energy to people that haven't juggled correctly and need additional power.

When you have achievements that require a factory to produce hundreds of thousands of iron plates an hour, and people are actively reaching these numbers, it just wouldn't work.
Why are you reading this?

Hollo1001
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hollo1001 »

Woodmn wrote:This whole idea just doesn't fit the game at all. Half the game is about you on your own, surviving and building a factory, which in the end will likely end up with you bugging out in a space craft either back to civilization or other planets. Requiring you to mine, process, build and defend, all while juggling power, resources and defenses. You might as well let them trade power, letting people with solar arrays that would cover kilometers of land, flog off energy to people that haven't juggled correctly and need additional power.

When you have achievements that require a factory to produce hundreds of thousands of iron plates an hour, and people are actively reaching these numbers, it just wouldn't work.
Thx, for your reply. :D
I've seen many Guys who are asking for people to play Co-Op in the steam forums and i think such a market system would make you not feel this lonely.
And of cause you dont have to use such things. I mean maybe it would be nice if there is a feature for it witch you can turn on and off.

person3triple0
Inserter
Inserter

Post by person3triple0 »

I JUST HAD A REALLY GREAT IDEA

Maybe an idea for Factorio 2.0 (it will take A LOT of work to get the system prepared)

Instead of some online market, there could be a way for the worlds of Factorio to interact through satellites!
There can be a new set of tech that allow a space station and eventually lightspeed travel (which would work similar to trains: don't want your character leaving your planet).
The space station would act like a global market, where you can see your friends' world maps and whatever resources they have for sale (maybe for Coin, maybe for trade).
And then a global market price, like a stock market, that can be used as a way to set prices if you don't want to negotiate.

Before Lightspeed travel is researched, there could be a way to set up factories on other planets (the number randomly generated) in your solar system (maybe with new enemies, varying on the design of the biters that seem to be everywhere).
The player could travel between these planets, but each would be rendered while he's online (maybe on a server, so the computer isn't doing all the work).
That would then, mean, you'd have to pay to get into such a system... But details tbd I guess

AGAIN, IT'LL TAKE A LOOOOOOT OF WORK

Hollo1001
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hollo1001 »

person3triple0 wrote:I JUST HAD A REALLY GREAT IDEA

Maybe an idea for Factorio 2.0 (it will take A LOT of work to get the system prepared)

Instead of some online market, there could be a way for the worlds of Factorio to interact through satellites!
There can be a new set of tech that allow a space station and eventually lightspeed travel (which would work similar to trains: don't want your character leaving your planet).
The space station would act like a global market, where you can see your friends' world maps and whatever resources they have for sale (maybe for Coin, maybe for trade).
And then a global market price, like a stock market, that can be used as a way to set prices if you don't want to negotiate.

Before Lightspeed travel is researched, there could be a way to set up factories on other planets (the number randomly generated) in your solar system (maybe with new enemies, varying on the design of the biters that seem to be everywhere).
The player could travel between these planets, but each would be rendered while he's online (maybe on a server, so the computer isn't doing all the work).
That would then, mean, you'd have to pay to get into such a system... But details tbd I guess

AGAIN, IT'LL TAKE A LOOOOOOT OF WORK
I think its a great idea even when it will take lots of work.
Maybe travel with spaceships and on every planet you can build a space station. :)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=30156 Trading, Dealing, Busines, Market with Natives, other Planets ...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”