wait condition "park"

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

hk29
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

wait condition "park"

Post by hk29 »

wondering if a wait condition "park" could be added? sometimes a fake condition is used to park the train but sometime none can be used with ease. for example when i sent the farl train home its reloaded with farl related items and i use wait condition unitl empty. but wouldnt it be more logical to have it in park condition so it stays there. the park condition should be default unless otherwise changed. lastly would love to have auto/manual available to a hotkey

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: wait condition "park"

Post by Optera »

You could wire your stations to a constant combinator and use a circuit condition.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

I like this suggestion and could have used such a condition a few times already. It's pretty strange that we can tell the train to wait for full/empty inventory or specific item count, but we can't tell it to just wait.

However instead of adding a new condition I would rather have it added to the Time passed condition, when moving the slider completely to the right it should say "forever" instead of a specific number of seconds (exactly like the Singleplayer autosave interval slider in the options works, it goes from 1 to 100 minutes and the rightmost position says "never").
Optera wrote:You could wire your stations to a constant combinator and use a circuit condition.
There are easier workarounds, such as the combination Inventory full AND Inventory empty (only works for trains with cargo wagons) or specific item < 0. But these are confusing in multiplayer and not obvious for new players.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

terror_gnom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by terror_gnom »

you can just add circuit condition (without any signal in the comparison) and the train will wait infinite ;) You dont need to wire the station to anything either

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

This is very similar to viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30923 New Train Condition: Has Passenger
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”