Blueprint exchange string

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

supernet2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Blueprint exchange string

Post by supernet2 »

Apologies in advance if this request exists, i did a search, and i did not see a existing request for this feature (But i have seen a mod, which is not a native feature one i do hope to see implemented)

Request: Please build out or implement Blueprint exchange string making it native like the map exchange string, in the game internally after player reaches/unlocks blueprint usage (Perhaps a new building to serve as the "migrator" of sorts) or something simple and clean in the UI that just lets you over write a blank/existing blueprint with a copy & pasted "Blueprint exchange string"

Summary: Implement a Blueprint exchange string that makes migrating current and future blueprint builds into future iterations of gameplay (IE you start a new game, and keeping your old save backed up you can migrate or improve existing saved blueprint builds)

Objective: Make me remember less, and us lazy builders, more so we dont half to keep revisiting our old builds (or relying on screenshots of our old builds to re-implement the build)< ultimately reduce time to "re-invent the wheel"

Goals: Make me lazier.

Benefits: Saves me and others seconds to hours on re-figuring out how i/we "did it"

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Blueprint exchange string

Post by ssilk »

Sorry, I didn't 100% understand all of this suggestion (even I tried hard).

From the suggestion I cannot directly read, if you know some important general things; so:
- Do you know this mod: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/DaveMcW/blueprint-string
- Do you know, that you can clear a blueprint? (normally ALT-RMB (?))

I added this also to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=4682 Planning (Signs, Cloning, Ghosts, Blueprinting and more...), where it is in context, with all the others suggestions about saving/loading blueprints...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

supernet2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Blueprint exchange string

Post by supernet2 »

You got the exact jist of what i was saying, sorry wasn't sure how to properly word it, but it was indeed the same as the mod, but with native integration, the reason? Say someone wants to go into another players server, they can bring in their own blueprint string and if the player has already established blueprints on that server (use of them), then the new joining player can then easily transition/migrate their blueprint to the new server (with out hassle of needing to keep looking at references).

Thanks for the quick response!

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”