Circuit network idea

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

masterm
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Circuit network idea

Post by masterm »

I have two things to ask about:

1. I was playing with the circuit networks in factorio and I missed something. There could be some kind of machine that can be connected to circuit network and is able to send messages to player. That may be used to tell player that production of something was finished without waiting next to machine.

2. Why machniegun piercing ammo has no piercing power? XD

Sorry for my bad english :/

aeros1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Circuit network idea

Post by aeros1 »

masterm wrote:I have two things to ask about:

1. I was playing with the circuit networks in factorio and I missed something. There could be some kind of machine that can be connected to circuit network and is able to send messages to player. That may be used to tell player that production of something was finished without waiting next to machine.

2. Why machniegun piercing ammo has no piercing power? XD

Sorry for my bad english :/
You can connect signal light to circuit network to indicate. There is warning mod which also allows you to add different warnings on the map. I think those should work with circuit network. Though maybe it is not that bad idea.

Gertibrumm
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Gertibrumm »

This is not, what you wanted.
En Dotter replied here this wonderful answer:
En_Dotter wrote:

Tnx for responses guys! They were helpful.
I just gotta make one little comment. In most of the games that involve crafting and management i hear a lot of responses that sound like "there is a mod" or "it is easy to mod it by changing this and that" and other similar statements. While i really appreciate any kind of help, most of the time i suggest things that i think would benefit the original (vanilla) game. Don't get me wrong, but answers involving mods and modding are not something i am looking for. I play mods after i get "fed up" with the vanilla to spice things up and stuff like that. I suppose thats just a play style preference after all.
dont get me wrong but I hate the idea of making a mod only 1% of players actually uses when there could be a feature everyone would enjoy

hitzu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hitzu »

aeros1 wrote: You can connect signal light to circuit network to indicate. There is warning mod which also allows you to add different warnings on the map. I think those should work with circuit network. Though maybe it is not that bad idea.
What the mod?

aeros1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by aeros1 »

Gertibrumm wrote:
This is not, what you wanted.
En Dotter replied here this wonderful answer:
En_Dotter wrote:

Tnx for responses guys! They were helpful.
I just gotta make one little comment. In most of the games that involve crafting and management i hear a lot of responses that sound like "there is a mod" or "it is easy to mod it by changing this and that" and other similar statements. While i really appreciate any kind of help, most of the time i suggest things that i think would benefit the original (vanilla) game. Don't get me wrong, but answers involving mods and modding are not something i am looking for. I play mods after i get "fed up" with the vanilla to spice things up and stuff like that. I suppose thats just a play style preference after all.
dont get me wrong but I hate the idea of making a mod only 1% of players actually uses when there could be a feature everyone would enjoy
Well it is not that useful, and you already can signal with lights. I soved it with huge omnifab with beacons. 1Assembler, and huge amounts of speed modules and beacons. linked to requester/ supplier chest with huge tonn of accumulators. Why wait when you can craft almost instantly.

hitzu wrote:
aeros1 wrote: You can connect signal light to circuit network to indicate. There is warning mod which also allows you to add different warnings on the map. I think those should work with circuit network. Though maybe it is not that bad idea.
What the mod?
Well if just regular lights for you not ok here. Btw it seems some of them voiced.
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Supercheese/Red%20Alerts

hitzu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hitzu »

aeros1 wrote: Well if just regular lights for you not ok here. Btw it seems some of them voiced.
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Supercheese/Red%20Alerts
Well, it's cool, but I would like to have something more generic. For example binding a cpecific signal somwhere with a warning console command or an alert notification, for example to be aware when one of my outpost deposit gonna be depleted soon or my coal reserves quickly decrease before my base is completely turned off. It seems that this mod have only predefined alerts that already exist in the game.

A wearable device, like the Pip-Boy, in the modular armor would be cool.

A reverse function like to be able to distantly set constants in constant combinators would be awesome too.

Gertibrumm
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Gertibrumm »

Bip Boy is the keyword

Plz devs add siz

hitzu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hitzu »

Well, it seems that Mooncat started making the mod with this functionality.
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=28832&start=10

aeros1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by aeros1 »

well it should be enough just use circuit network. Though connecting circuit network to drill to calculate ore left to mine would be helpful for this certainly.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”