Copy Entity Rotation aswell

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Yan Nic
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Copy Entity Rotation aswell

Post by Yan Nic »

For assemblers with a pipe connection the orientation of that pipe should be copied together with the recipe.

Use case: When I place a row of assemblers for processing units, it will not rotate the pipe input of the pasted ones like the original one is rotated. I have to rotate every single assembler manually as it is always facing north.

Syrchalis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Assembly Machines: QoL Change

Post by Syrchalis »

merged with existing suggestion --daniel34

If you copy-paste a recipe with a fluid in it from an existing machine, it should also copy over the rotation of the assembly machine.

What do you think? Agree, disagree? For me that would be helpful in most cases and very rarely the opposite of what I want. Right now it mostly doesn't do what I want and sometimes it does (if I want the output to be on top). Or let's say it this way, right now chance is 75% that it is rotated wrongly. If the rotation would be copied you had control over it and it would probably be the other way around (if not better).

I was actually surprised that I didn't find a topic like this via the search before.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Copy Entity Rotation aswell

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

I thought it did already? Maybe I've just not blueprinted an assembly machine that requires a fluid before since they aren't that common, mainly electric engines, belts and concrete which don't tend to be needed large-scale.

If that's not the case, I can't think of any scenario you would put a blueprint down and want something rotated back to its original location so definitely.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Pipes have no orientation, they just connect to whatever is next to them with a pipe connection.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Deadly-Bagel wrote:I thought it did already? Maybe I've just not blueprinted an assembly machine that requires a fluid before since they aren't that common, mainly electric engines, belts and concrete which don't tend to be needed large-scale.
It works with blueprints without problems, but not when copying with shift+click from one assembler to the other.

This is the issue:

After you placed down a row of assemblers you manually have to rotate all of them if the pipe isn't to the north, copy-paste won't copy the rotation.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

daniel34 wrote:
Deadly-Bagel wrote:I thought it did already? Maybe I've just not blueprinted an assembly machine that requires a fluid before since they aren't that common, mainly electric engines, belts and concrete which don't tend to be needed large-scale.
It works with blueprints without problems, but not when copying with shift+click from one assembler to the other.

This is the issue:

After you placed down a row of assemblers you manually have to rotate all of them if the pipe isn't to the north, copy-paste won't copy the rotation.
+1

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

joon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by joon »

+1 Yeah makes sense, hope they consider it.

Syrchalis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Syrchalis »

Another reason why I suggested this is because when you want your pipe connection to be on the left side you need to press R three times per assembly machine. That is very tedious.

Syrchalis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Syrchalis »

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/IronCart ... eDirection

This mod does exactly this. I'm using it and I love it - while it's not a huge improvement it just feels right and makes the game more pleasant in those situations in which you copy assembly machines with pipes. I posted this to allow devs to look at it, since there is a mod for it, it should be easy.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”