Personal construction bot

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Bleda
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Personal construction bot

Post by Bleda »

The blueprints are an amazing feature, but I just use them in my home base, because that's where the roboports and the provider chests with the needed materials are. However, it would be cool if I could use them also in small outposts. For now, I need to bring a roboport, the robots, chests and all the materials. I have to build everything up, fill the materials into the chests, the robots into the roboport. And then I can place the blueprint. Afterwards, I can destroy the roboport and the chests again...

I think it would be a neat feature to have a personal construction bot, that uses the materials in the players' inventory and builds blueprints in a small area close to the player. It would be not nearly as fast and powerful as building with lots of robots an roboports, but it would be very flexible and handy for small outposts.

Another option would be to have a car with a built in mini-roboport. The trunk would act as a provider chest.

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Personal construction bot

Post by slay_mithos »

I prefer the car option, but as an upgrade to the car, that would make it act as a roboport, maybe only for construction robots, with a "request" function and a relatively small range (20?)?

It has a lot of benefits, and you would consume the fuel to recharge the robots too, making it still costly to use in large scales.

Drury
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Drury »

A sort of construction dozer would be nice.

Put items in, assign blueprints to it, it goes and builds.

Bonus points if it says "China will grow larger"

Sedado77
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedado77 »

slay_mithos wrote:I prefer the car option, but as an upgrade to the car, that would make it act as a roboport, maybe only for construction robots, with a "request" function and a relatively small range (20?)?

It has a lot of benefits, and you would consume the fuel to recharge the robots too, making it still costly to use in large scales.
I like it too, it can be convined with what "slpwnd" told us apout "logistic trucks" to make a "constructor truck". This would be cool!!!

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”