This is not, what you wanted.There is a mod, which implements this suggestion, see .....link to mod....
En Dotter replied here this wonderful answer:
Well, we had such kind of discussions already. So I want to present the results.En_Dotter wrote:Tnx for responses guys! They were helpful.
I just gotta make one little comment. In most of the games that involve crafting and management i hear a lot of responses that sound like "there is a mod" or "it is easy to mod it by changing this and that" and other similar statements. While i really appreciate any kind of help, most of the time i suggest things that i think would benefit the original (vanilla) game. Don't get me wrong, but answers involving mods and modding are not something i am looking for. I play mods after i get "fed up" with the vanilla to spice things up and stuff like that. I suppose thats just a play style preference after all.
The reasons why it is very useful, that mods are mentioned in suggestions are:
- If there is a mod, there is a much bigger chance that the idea is added into vanilla.
- By using a mod there is a much bigger chance that the mod is added into vanilla, than by discussing around.
- A working implementation (=code) is much more worth than 100,000 words. (Sorry, but every programmer knows that this is true)
- By using a mod (=increasing the download count) you motivate the modder much more, than you can imagine.
- Logically: By using a mod bugs of that mods will be fixed (if reported of course).
- By using a mod you have a much higher chance to influence development, than for the vanilla. (You can talk directly with the modder! In general they are much more willing to implement your ideas into their mods, than the Factorio-dev-team )
- A suggestion may sound very useful in theory. Yes, in most cases this true, when implemented. But I've seen also some cases where this wasn't so (even some of my ideas). The idea wasn't playable/not such a good idea as it sounded. Until you haven't tried out a new concept there is just no prove.
- It can take months to years, until your suggestion is implemented into vanilla, cause there are a lot more other ideas.
- Because it takes so long to be implemented it is useful to use a mod instead, cause the game changes and your idea needs an update or becomes absurd.
- Others than you read this suggestions and will try out mods, even if you would never do that.
- Modders read this suggestions and if their mod is mentioned their target (players know their mod, download count) is achieved. Logically they get also much more interested to implement your idea.
- EDIT March 2021: https://alt-f4.blog/ALTF4-21/
It also makes much sense, that you as a someone who has suggested things, tries out similar ideas, that already has been implemented as mod.