[0.13.xx] Daisy chaining power input from Power Switch.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

ZereoX
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.13.xx] Daisy chaining power input from Power Switch.

Post by ZereoX »

In an effort to keep my energy use at a minimum, I created a little circuit using a power switch to turn off a pair of electrical furnaces and beacons when the belt is empty. In doing so I realised a flaw in my design, their is no way to bring power to the power switch without sacrificing beacon coverage.

The idea behind my suggestion would be the ability to use a power switch like a small electrical pole with no ground coverage...

or should I just be rethinking how I'm building setup?
Attachments
From one power switch to another.
From one power switch to another.
PowerSwitchPower.jpg (1.32 MiB) Viewed 2194 times

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.13.xx] Daisy chaining power input from Power Switch.

Post by ssilk »

I think the power switch should be outside of that construction. It makes in my eyes no sense to switch only small parts, but the whole block.

Such kind of ideas are also the base-idea of limiting the switching speed as discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=28899 Discuss: Power Switch should not "Blink"
cause if the switch would take some seconds or so to switch you would not come to the idea to use it like so. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

ZereoX
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ZereoX »

Thanks. I guess I will have the power switch toggle on and off half by having a single switch on each end.

Gertibrumm
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Gertibrumm »

just move the switches outside (to the top) of your array! just use one extra pole to connect them -> room for improvement
also by shifting the beacons to the left or right by one tile you can get 8 furnaces covered instead of just 6!

couldnt make my version of your daisy chain because of constant crashing when connecting switches with other switches :?
but yours is pretty good, just move the beacons one tile and your good. no need to redo everything

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”