Information notice, to go with warning an alert notices

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Hexicube
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Information notice, to go with warning an alert notices

Post by Hexicube »

I've noticed that there's a few specific events that the player may want to be notified of, that don't really have enough of an impact to get a warning notice:
  • Miners running out of ore (always important, since you can't place them like this)
  • Radars that just finished discovering new land (ignoring ones placed without any land to discover, or ones that haven't had land to discover for 15 minutes)
  • Manual-mode power switches in the off position (maybe after a couple minutes of being off)
  • Train in automatic mode with an active schedule either has no fuel or can't path to the next station (might actually be very bad, but we don't know how each factory runs)
Perhaps these could get a new blue triangle notice, so that the player knows where these very minor issues are without having to constantly keep an eye on outposts and such. Additionally, some sort of entity that can be triggered via the circuit network to create a notice would be nice too, and it could list the inputs in order to tell the player what the issue is (i.e. low iron ore stock).

Alternatively, just a notice to let players know mining drills are empty would be nice. Repeatedly checking on mining outposts to check if that one mining drill has run out is tedious.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Information notice, to go with warning an alert notices

Post by Koub »

This is the kind of things that have been already suggested some times.
You might want to give a look at this topic : viewtopic.php?f=80&t=16566
It's a collection of "better notifications and alerts system".
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Hexicube
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Information notice, to go with warning an alert notices

Post by Hexicube »

Koub wrote:You might want to give a look at this topic : viewtopic.php?f=80&t=16566
The worst part is I was linked that topic the last time I made the same suggestion, and completely forgot about it...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”