close popups by mouseclick

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Pe334
Inserter
Inserter

close popups by mouseclick

Post by Pe334 »

Hi,

I don't know if this suggestion was posted earlier, but I would like when I open a popup in the game with a mouseclick the same klick on that item/button would close the popup instead of hitten the ESC key.

Pe334

P.S.
Thanx for this great game !!!!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: close popups by mouseclick

Post by ssilk »

E opens and closes it? Or what do you mean?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Pe334
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Pe334 »

I mean I click on an assembler to open the info-popup and when I click again on that assember it close that popup.

It is just a better "workflow"

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I'm not sure, if I would like that. Assume you have many entity windows open. Then by clicking on it you maybe want to bring that window to front, instead of closing it.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

rebusb
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by rebusb »

New user bump... love the game! but this is the first thing I found while playing the game that seemed like it could be improved. Like this:

Click on item to open info window, click again on same item to close window. edit: playing now and seeing that the double click is no good because it has other game interactions (with foreground window.) So perhaps a small dismiss button on popup window?

That saves going to keyboard when just peeking at items quickly, would make searching chests, looking for low ammo in turrets, etc... much more faster, one handed, maybe lower carpal tunnel impact!

(Originally I felt that any item clicked on should load into info/edit window, so one doesn't have to click to open, E to close, click to open E to close, over and over, but reading the forum made clearer why that might be difficult to implement. The idea presented here is much more limited. Clicking off item would retain current behavior, only clicking on same item closes window.)

Not sure what is meant by having "many entity windows open" since I see only one overlay window ever at any given moment. Maybe this is something that is missed by this new user? Aside from that unknown condition, being able to click once on item to examine it and then click again to dismiss window would be a big workflow smoothing time saver. Cheers!

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”