Enemies need improovements

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

madtulip
Inserter
Inserter

Enemies need improovements

Post by madtulip »

Factorio is a great game. Somehow though, there is no challenge. Compare the game to Dont Starve. In DS there is constant time pressure to get your stuff together before winter hits. I miss this component in Factorio. All the automation is realy great but the negative rewards or hindrances to overcome dont live up to this part of the game. If we look at it as weekest link of the chain i would start to improove the enemies.

- Enemies should be more challenging. There are many ways, means and work to improove the enemies ofc. and i dont want to go into details here. I just wanted to state that i feel that enemies are currently your weakest (although necessary) component of the game.
Last edited by madtulip on Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Enemies need improovements

Post by Koub »

You should really give a look at this topic : viewtopic.php?p=82957#p82957. And once you've read all that's already been suggested, maybe can you add something new to the debate :).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

madtulip
Inserter
Inserter

Post by madtulip »

I wanted to suggest to move the enemies into focus for 0.14 or later as i realy think it is the one thing the game would benefit from most. Im sure there are lots and detailed ideas how to improove them in particular and might give that a read later. Still i believe that its a very general game design desicsion and a complex topic. The developers have to decide in what particular direction to move with the enemies as it will have a large impact on the game depending on which way they will persue. It just should be done/set on schedule with some priority IMO. :) great game!

m44v
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by m44v »

Now I want winter in factorio.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Brace yourself
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

atloomis
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Enemies need improvements

Post by atloomis »

Factorio seems to be a factory building game with some RTS elements, not an RTS with factory-building. A wider variety of enemies could be interesting, but the point isn't to be a difficult rogue-like.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

My EMP Biters mod buffs the bugs quite a bit, giving them a chance to disable your defensive structures and repair robots.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”