Allow roboports to snap to logistics net when holding shift

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Allow roboports to snap to logistics net when holding shift

Post by factoriouzr »

Allow roboports to snap to logistics network when placing roboports or blueprints with roboports when holding a modifier key like Shift. This would be useful to align roboports for full logistics coverage with no overlap instead of manually moving the mouse slightly horizontally and vertically till it visually looks like it lines up perfectly (this is also very hard to do at night or when there are trees covering the edges of the logistics area though the connection lines can be used as a guide, it's still finicky and time consuming.

This feature could also later be applied to other entities such as aligning factories to ones next to them or placing power poles the max distance away without having to click and drag. Ie. the power pole could just snap to the nearest power pole at max distance.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Allow roboports to snap to logistics net when holding shift

Post by ssilk »

A useful function, but before this works other things has to be fixed. For exmple: You can place a ghost roboport in the forest in farest range to another forest. Robots come and will clear that trees, but not all. The robot with the roboport will wait forever to place it.

And shift is already used for the blueprints. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

mattj256
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mattj256 »

When you're placing a roboport, the overlay should show you exactly which place(s) the roboport can be placed where it's as far as possible from all other roboports while still being connected to the network. Ditto for power poles: show me visually what's the farthest I can place it while still being connected to the power network.

factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by factoriouzr »

mattj256 wrote:When you're placing a roboport, the overlay should show you exactly which place(s) the roboport can be placed where it's as far as possible from all other roboports while still being connected to the network. Ditto for power poles: show me visually what's the farthest I can place it while still being connected to the power network.

That would also be very useful in addition to the snapping.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=18093 Roboport/Logistic Network/Robot enhancements
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”