About Blueprints and Loaders

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Killkrog
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

About Blueprints and Loaders

Post by Killkrog »

Howdy!

Please (!) most beloved devs, give us an option to export/import blueprints between games.
Even though it's a lot of fun to try out new things, there are just some designs that grew to our hearts and that we like to use a lot.
Having to remake those blueprints every new game kinda... sucks :)

Also, don't you dare to ever remove the Loader / Fast Loader / Express Loader. It's awesome for folks like me that spend more time in the editor than the actual map ^^
What would be great, too, if you could even change the loaders to not just unload, but also load into a chest. That would make testing new blue belt max compression builds so much easier.

Thanks and have a good one!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: About Blueprints and Loaders

Post by ssilk »

Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Killkrog
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Killkrog »

Hi!

Yup, I know that one. Works good for what it is supposed to do, but lacks some functions in my opinion. It actually only lets you import a single blueprint a time and only by copy/pasting a string into a game dialog. Now imagine you loose the blueprint somehow, you have to go through the whole copy/paste procedure again.

Foreman for example (another mod) actually writes the imported blueprints into a list. Now you can click on a blueprint in that list and give it to you. Thats great if you dont want to run around with thousands of blueprints. Sadly Foreman is not updated yet and also has some problems in multiplayer.

Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zeblote »

This thing is a great example of absolutely horrible UX. You have to open a file with a text editor and paste the contents into a text box... really?

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

Blueprints should be stored in account and be accessible in every game. We also should have feature to share ours blueprints.
Something like save blueprint and make it private/public. Then when next person want to use it just click on import blueprint, and search by blueprint name or author nick.

In that way I could go to my friend and show him my designs without carrying pendrive witch text file, without forcing him to install mods etc.

Tlmitf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tlmitf »

Killkrog wrote:Howdy!

Also, don't you dare to ever remove the Loader / Fast Loader / Express Loader. It's awesome for folks like me that spend more time in the editor than the actual map ^^
What would be great, too, if you could even change the loaders to not just unload, but also load into a chest. That would make testing new blue belt max compression builds so much easier.

Thanks and have a good one!

Once you place them, you can hover over and press R (rotate if you remapped) and it will then load into a chest.
The end with the bit of belt is the input, which you orientate when placing. However, that big arrow is the direction and that can be changed after placement :)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”