Quick Look hotkeys

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Quick Look hotkeys

Post by Shokubai »

One thing I think is missing from factorio is the Location bind. In something like Starcraft I would bind a building to a hotkey so I could quick look at the location. In Factorio terms I could set a location at my green science and call it Ctl-1. Hitting the hotkey moves and centers my vision on that location. For factorio gameplay this would only be informational as interaction would still be based on player location.

Hitting another hotkey would return vision to my body.

This could be played off as a research item. It could be a remote monitor of some sort.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Quick Look hotkeys

Post by ssilk »

There are plans to do that via radar stations/installed cameras for example. Built a camera at you green circuits and then you switch to that camera.

I remember, there is also a mod, that enables exactly this (but not very stable), but I don't found it yet.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

ssilk wrote:I remember, there is also a mod, that enables exactly this (but not very stable), but I don't found it yet.
[MOD 0.12.x] Command Control - Remote view/manage (v1.1.1) allows you to view all radars on the map remotely, note: Has not been updated for 0.12.11+ but will be updated after 0.13 arrives.
[MOD 0.12.x] The Fat Controller. Remote train management allows you to follow/view trains remotely.
[MOD 0.12.12+] YARM (Yet Another Resource Monitor) v0.7.15 allows you to view your remote ore deposits.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Shokubai »

Have used the last two quite a bit. Still, one of those things I feel has a place in vanilla.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”