Initial amount of items delivered by logistic system

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Factorion92
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Initial amount of items delivered by logistic system

Post by Factorion92 »

Sorry if it is possible already. But there is one thing that really annoys me.

When I choose some items to be delivered by logistic robots, the number of items is set up automatically what I find very inconvinient. For example, I want 1 blue splitter but when I click it on the menu, the number of blue belts which should be delivered is 50. And by the time I set up this number to 1 items are already been carried by robots. So then I should additionaaly "trash" unneeded items. Also, I have to say that I usually always change this number. So it would be nice if it was possible to set up the number of items delivered in the very begining.

If it is by some reasons hard to do, then it would be great if initial number for all items would be zero (or one).

Harkonnen604
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Initial amount of items delivered by logistic system

Post by Harkonnen604 »

I agree. That also touches my other suggestion that bots should frequently check if their jobs are canceled already, so if you write 1000+backspace to make it 100 you don't get entire logistic network stalled to deliver those unnecessary 1000 iron pieces. Would be good as well if they drop just the amount requested, not more and carry the rest of stack bonus to nearby crate. Any tiny-winy extra 3 items waste entire inventory slot.

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Shokubai »

I feel like the initial amount should be set when creating the logistics order and confirmed. I know it's extra steps but the current mechanic is frustrating.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

This suggestion around this problem has been made several times. :)

For example:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=9069 Requester chests should default to zero or one

I put it to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=18093 Roboport/Logistic Network/Robot enhancements
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Miravlix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Miravlix »

We do have a mod that changes it to one item as default, so it doesn't seem like something devs need to fix as it's not broken.

What is much more of a worry is the amount of times a player need to change the values, we need the copy/paste system, that allows you to copy from an assembler to a requester chest, work for green inserters and we could use a UI to set the defaults. Having my requester chest be told to grab 2 iron plates is hardly useful, since there is no way the bots can supply them fast enough, on the other hand if one assembler needs 2 red circuits and another 45, you don't want it to simply set the value to x times, as it makes no difference how many items you request beyond the min number required for the bots to do a trip.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”