Making stuff with Ghostsbuildings (Rotating ghosts ...)

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Harkonnen604
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Making stuff with Ghostsbuildings (Rotating ghosts ...)

Post by Harkonnen604 »

Currently you cannot rotate a ghost belt by pressing R, neither you can rotate it by putting another ghost belt over it facing different direction. Same goes for inserters. Since late-game construction (for me at least) is mostly ghost placement, I think it should be fixed. It would also be nice if ghost belts would follow belts merging rules, i.e. bend when necessary so the final picture is a bit more obvious. Another similar issue - having underground connectivity outline for ghost underground belts and ghost underground tubes. Including cases when they connect some already placed item.

Harkonnen604
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Rotating ghosts

Post by Harkonnen604 »

Another things of this kind are setting up logistic requests of a ghost request chests, setting up ghost train station names, tuning ghost smart inserter. Overally it's desirable that ghosts behave like regular entities in terms how then can be tweaked, except that they are not they are yet and are not yet considered by actual machinery when items are moved. Adding modules to ghosts (so that module is ghosted and eventually brought by construction bot) is another such issue. Replacing ghost red belt/splitter with blue one is another such issue (just got this case when blueprinted old unloading area still having red belts, then put this blueprint out in the wild to upgrade with shift-clicking to blue belts).

The need for this becomes more obvious when you have asked your bots to deconstruct a train station with full chests, and while they are busy, you can't do a thing with ghosting. Ghosts timeout is another issue, but that's for different thread.
Last edited by Harkonnen604 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Making stuff with Ghostsbuildings (Rotating ghosts ...)

Post by ssilk »

I fixed the title for you.
Please avoid double posting. In this case you could have changed the first post yourself (Marked with "Edit: ....")
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”