Two robo suggestions!

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Galdoc
Inserter
Inserter

Two robo suggestions!

Post by Galdoc »

Hi!

I'm very new to Factorio, and I am not sure if these suggestions have been made, so please forgive me if they have. I also promise I'm not a Turing machine built originally in Factorio that gained sapience and, after breaking free of the confines of his pixelated prison, took over this computer, only to spawn more AI's within the environment that would, like myself destroy their creation.

I *might* be one of the descendants though. Though probably not.

Anyway!

Upgrade planner

A simple thing. It's like the deconstruction planner, except it performs basic upgrades. Belts are upgraded (basic > fast > express), along with splitter and underground belts; assemblers are replaced with upgraded versions, stone furnaces are upgraded to steel furnaces (but not electric; different footprint means different layout), basic boxes are upgraded (wood > iron > steel), Inserters upgrade to fast (but not smart or long-handled, as those are special purpose), and Stone Blocks that've been used for paving are upgraded to Concrete.

Power poles in particular do not get upgraded. Because they have different ranges and coverages, if you were going to upgrade your power situation for whatever reason, you would have to think about how to redistribute the poles.

Scaling logistic robot coverage area from roboports{/b]

Basically, there may be a situation where I'd like to have a small production area that's off the main network. Right now, the chunk I need to isolate for the roboport to keep itself isolated is pretty big. Not a huge deal, and maybe it's something that's editable in the UI of the roboport.

That's all for now!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Two robo suggestions!

Post by bobingabout »

I don't think either of these are a new idea, but, the scaling area is one that hasn't been discussed in some time.

roboports able to upgrade/replace entities though is a fairly frequent suggestion, and one that a lot of people support.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

The first idea is implemented as a mod with the exact same name.

The second is going into the direction of this: viewtopic.php?f=80&t=18093 Roboport/Logistic Network/Robot enhancements

Look under "General suggestions about roboports (mixup)" and "Logistic Network extension", there are some more or less similar ideas, but also some, that enables what you want in a completely different way.

I also added this topic there.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Galdoc
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Galdoc »

Oh very nice! I will check those out.

Thanks!

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”