Addition to Information Layer - "Mouseover Posts"

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

chovynz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Addition to Information Layer - "Mouseover Posts"

Post by chovynz »

TL;DR Summary:
Mouseover "information posts" so that I can leave myself notes on the main game screen.

Detailed info
I would like to "leave myself ingame notes", so that when I come back to a map, I can quickly come back up to speed about what I'm doing and where. Why this would be useful? Let's say I have two bases. I have an area, for manual export to my second base, but with all the conveyers and chests (and multiple games/maps,) it can sometimes get a bit confusing about what is where. Having "notes" that I can write to myself will help with the "organisation in my mind", in a visual gameplay way. This idea is similar to the "sign" in Minecraft.

There would be a player creatable 1x1 object, that when you click or mouseover it, a editable localised information bubble would display. Character limit would be 512.

How it would affect Gameplay:
Singleplayer:
1.) Effectively you can create a conveyer system, then Label it, so that you know what specific areas of your factory do, and where they go.
2.) Allows you to make yourself notes, so that if you get interrupted (e.g. kids), you can leave yourself a note-for what you were in the middle of, for actioning when you play that map again.
3.) Acts as a productivity tool, note, journal, storytelling, adventure-style feature.

Multiplayer
2.) I think it would also benefit multiplayer games too, where you could leave notes for other players, if people disconnect, or are not part of a specific multiplayer session.
Enhances communication between different people.

I did search, and found the "Information Layer" topic, and thought it appropriate to add to this idea.

Edit : Related ideas
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12647 Custom Signs

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Addition to Information Layer - "Mouseover Posts"

Post by ssilk »

Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=4682 Planing (Signs, Cloning, Ghosts, Blueprinting and further...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

chovynz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Addition to Information Layer - "Mouseover Posts"

Post by chovynz »

Thank you ssilk. :)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”