Newbie requests

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

jholtb
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Newbie requests

Post by jholtb »

Total noob here!

This is probably the best game I've ever played - kudos to the devs.

I thoroughly enjoy restarting the game from scratch and trying again. I can't think of any other game that gives me so much pleasure in "failing".

However I do have a couple of requests/suggestions.

1) Would it be possible to have Ctl-Z to drop all the items at once. At the moment need to press the Z key repeatedly
2) On the setup screen the options to create the world should have some kind of explanatory text.
3) It would be great if you could switch peaceful/non peaceful within game. While learning, I love poring over the problem. I *know* it a major part of the game to have enemies, but at this stage I would like to be able switch them in and ouit.
4) I run on a large monitor. The minimap is extremely small - and I have terrible eyesight! Would it be possible to make the minimap zoomable?
5) When the character sheet is open, it would be nice to be able to open a machine without having to close the character sheet first, i.e. manually filling ten boilers with coal - at the moment need to click on the boiler, click E, move the coal, click E again and then repeat.
6) Some more autosave slots?

But these are all tiny, tiny niggles......

Otherwise I look forward to continue learning how to play the game.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Newbie requests

Post by ssilk »

jholtb wrote:Total noob here!

This is probably the best game I've ever played - kudos to the devs.

I thoroughly enjoy restarting the game from scratch and trying again. I can't think of any other game that gives me so much pleasure in "failing".

However I do have a couple of requests/suggestions.
Before doing more suggestion you might read viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3394

1) Would it be possible to have Ctl-Z to drop all the items at once. At the moment need to press the Z key repeatedly
This is inteded. Put it into a box and let an inserter place it for you (on belt).
2) On the setup screen the options to create the world should have some kind of explanatory text.
You might have a look into viewtopic.php?f=80&t=13022 and the linked wiki article.
3) It would be great if you could switch peaceful/non peaceful within game. While learning, I love poring over the problem. I *know* it a major part of the game to have enemies, but at this stage I would like to be able switch them in and ouit.
Right. Currently only possible with console commands. Look into the wiki.
5) When the character sheet is open, it would be nice to be able to open a machine without having to close the character sheet first, i.e. manually filling ten boilers with coal - at the moment need to click on the boiler, click E, move the coal, click E again and then repeat.
Have you looked into the options about key commands, it enables you to fill them by key combinations. This is also explained in the tutorial.
6) Some more autosave slots?
AFAIK they are configurable, but you need to edit the config by hand.
:)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

jholtb
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Newbie requests

Post by jholtb »

Thanks for the reply.

Now I know where to start looking for answers to my questions. I wasn't even aware of the console command :)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”