Factorio Trading Cards

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Lord_lammington
Inserter
Inserter

Factorio Trading Cards

Post by Lord_lammington »

Hello ... i know this may seen weird but can we have trading cards added to Factorio ... there are a lot of cool cards that could be added that , in normal circumstances could be combined to make background and even perhaps emoticons for steam chat ... i know it may seem weird but i really want a factorio background for my steam profile :P
So to start out what do i think would be good trading cards?
Well as factorio has so many individual items the amounts of cards could be endless but i think we should have what factorio is well known for
Transport Belt (yellow ones)
Biters / Biter Base (spitters could be s separate card)
Inserters (just normal yellow ones)
Electric Circuit ... im kinda iffy on this one
Worm
Electric Furnace (or any other furnace)
Trains ...
Logistic robots (Construction and logistics could be separate or on the same card)
Steam engines (or other ways of generating power)
Turrets (same as robots Laser and gun could be separate or on the same card)
Foil plated cards could be entirley different and could be for example Fast inserter instead of inserter

So those are a few of my suggestions to what i think the trading cards should BE but what do you get out of them
well , what you normally get outta cards : Coupons , Backgrounds and emoticons
the backgrounds and coupons are pretty self explanatory but what about emoticons?
the emoticons could be multiple things really , biters , inserters and the play can name a few but all in smaller versions of chat.
i would personally love to see an almost economy develop around these trading cards and with the achievements coming soon this will be very welcome

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Factorio Trading Cards

Post by Koub »

Honestly, I'd prefer the efforts be put on the actual game than on derived products like trading cards, tee-shirts, cereals, and stuff. But as long as no efforts are drawn from the developpment into something else, I can't say I really care :).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

My opinion... well, there are graphics overhauls going on left right and centre, I think we should wait until the graphics are complete, then go from there... and in the mean time, let them focus on making the game better.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Factorio - The Muesli. I would really like that.

Factorio Muesli comes in a monthly box. Each box contains one more part to process your own muesli. Box one includes an oatmeal-press, size 2 x 3 x 2 meter, weight 1.4 tons.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Lord_lammington
Inserter
Inserter

bobingabout wrote:My opinion... well, there are graphics overhauls going on left right and centre, I think we should wait until the graphics are complete, then go from there... and in the mean time, let them focus on making the game better.
i find that to be true and im certain all good thigs come in time... but i really want a factorio steam background :lol:

Orphauneus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Orphauneus »

This would be so cool! I would absolutely love a Factorio background and badges too!
Last edited by Orphauneus on Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm the kind of guy that gets lost shopping looking for milk (I'm saying i'm dumb...)

Lord_lammington
Inserter
Inserter

ssilk wrote:Factorio - The Muesli. I would really like that.

Factorio Muesli comes in a monthly box. Each box contains one more part to process your own muesli. Box one includes an oatmeal-press, size 2 x 3 x 2 meter, weight 1.4 tons.
its kinda like those magazine subscriptions ... first issue only 2 dollars ... second issue 30 dollars

yousai
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by yousai »

Steam Trading Cards would be a great addition at very little additional cost. (Albert will probably have to render a few images :)
And they'd put a little bonus in Wube's pocket: /r/Steam/comments/2pt1xb/ :D
I'd love to show my support by getting a level 5 badge, too, as there's little other way after buying the soundtrack DLC.

FYI: these aren't *physical* trading cards.
Last edited by yousai on Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

A "Bob's Mods" trading card.

Would it be worth more if I signed it?
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Sweet-Tan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Sweet-Tan »

Forgive me for resurrecting such an old thread, but given the game's official release I think this should be mentioned again. Steam trading cards do attract players, albeit a very small number. I believe the creation of Steam trading cards would drive interest and discussion in the Steam community, and badge collection can be rewarding for those of us that love the game.

starlinvf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starlinvf »

I'm more a fan of the idea of a Factorio Card game. But needing over 1000 belt cards might be a bit excessive......

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”