Map markers

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Scubadog
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Map markers

Post by Scubadog »

As it came to no surprise to myself, I managed to get distracted and forget whatever I needed to do, at least 26 times today.

This gave me an idea - Map markers. When the map is open, you simply click anywhere to create a marker and bring up a "Naming" dialogue box (clicking anywhere else without entering anything deletes marker and closes box, if something is written in it and you click anywhere, a marker is placed), where as right clicking removes it. This would help people with massive factories and hundreds of things that need to be multi tasked with and projects that need to be remembered for days on end. I kid you not, I've found myself writing tasks down on a notepad, the backlog gets so long. Not to mention whenever you re-open the game after being away for a while and have no clue what's missing and needs to be repaired etc..

If you wish to get real fancy with it, a "nearby markers" UI area could be implemented, to serve as a sort of "To do" list. Whenever a marker is in the visible screen area, it pops up in the top left of the screen as a small text. This would mean you can leave yourself markers all over the map and deal with them as you come across them later.

To improve on this idea even further, this could be combined with the campaign mechanics to guide people easier and pin-point objectives! Hopefully this is of some use and I just haven't missed something like this being in the game...

Thanks for reading,
Scoob

TL;DR - Click to place named markers.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Map markers

Post by ssilk »

I've added it to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=4682&p=35582#p35582 Planing, Cloning, Ghosting, Blueprinting and further...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Scubadog
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Map markers

Post by Scubadog »

ssilk wrote:I've added it to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=4682&p=35582#p35582 Planing, Cloning, Ghosting, Blueprinting and further...
Thank you! I'm very pleasantly surprised about all the suggestions regarding the map, as it doesn't seem to be quite reaching any of the potential it has!

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”