Research a Technology again/Auto Recipe update

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Guest_4544
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Research a Technology again/Auto Recipe update

Post by Guest_4544 »

Well currently when a mod adds additional recipe which is dependent on a Technology and if the player has the Technology has already researched, he cannot get it at all.
So I would like to suggest to add a button to let the player at least research the technology again to unlock those newly added recipe or if possible maybe add a detection mechanism that is loaded once when the saves is loaded that automatically unlocks the recipe.

Yes I am aware that there is a command to enable those recipe or doing it by migrations but to be honest that is annoying having to let the modder constantly check newly added recipes to see if they are unlocked upon certain technologies.

seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Research a Technology again/Auto Recipe update

Post by seronis »

If a mod is changing or adding a recipe he SHOULD make sure that they are properly unlocked if the player already has the tech researched. Its his job and its a bug if he doesnt do that.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Yeah... I can see where the difficulty of having to add the recipe to a migration script, and it can be a bit tedious making sure your migration script not only includes all these unlock cases, but in the case of mine where an item might not even exist, depending what other mods are installed, a complete hash of checks all over checking each possible known combination case, and seeing if the recipe, or even the technology even exists.

So, tedious, but I can understand why it is as it is.

The one that does bug me though is having to call the update_technologies() and update_recipes() scripts if you change anything on any of them anywhere in your mod. I often just rename the latest migration script of my mods to the next number up because that's all they contain.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

bobingabout wrote:Yeah... I can see where the difficulty of having to add the recipe to a migration script, and it can be a bit tedious making sure your migration script not only includes all these unlock cases, but in the case of mine where an item might not even exist, depending what other mods are installed, a complete hash of checks all over checking each possible known combination case, and seeing if the recipe, or even the technology even exists.

So, tedious, but I can understand why it is as it is.

The one that does bug me though is having to call the update_technologies() and update_recipes() scripts if you change anything on any of them anywhere in your mod. I often just rename the latest migration script of my mods to the next number up because that's all they contain.
Hi to all, i have the same problem with missing recipes when some adding something new and updating
Pls anyone who can u tell full name of commands which can update technologies and recipes?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”