Dude, where's my car?

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Malkasphia
Inserter
Inserter

Dude, where's my car?

Post by Malkasphia »

So one feature that would be very very nice is the ability to have a car locator, or a panic button. I lose my car so much in my different factories or outposts or just plain forget where I parked. So i end up running around a lot or just building a new one.

3LollipopZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Dude, where's my car?

Post by 3LollipopZ »

car dispenser factories with requester chests for just the car.
I used to create so many cars that they were disposable items.

CherryKiss
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CherryKiss »

you were so good at picking up/dropping your car to repair it while hitting biter bases, that I was surprised you never just picked up the car when you jumped out to keep yourself from losing it :} but it was funny every time "where's my car?" all the time :D

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

A dot on the map would help, because it's a pity to lose a car fully loaded with stuff to expand.

The same with trains: Uh, there comes a train, better go away!
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darthlawsuit »

Even in video games man cannot remember where they parked their car.

Calico
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Calico »

ssilk wrote:A dot on the map would help, because it's a pity to lose a car fully loaded with stuff to expand.

The same with trains: Uh, there comes a train, better go away!
+1.

More map icons, filters, etc. map could use a bit of a total overhaul.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Darthlawsuit wrote:Even in video games man cannot remember where they parked their car.
I know a fried which forgot it. He searched 2 hours. Then he called the police, because he thought it was stolen.

They came and asked him, if this cars straight across the street of the house-entry doesn't look like his...

For his excuse I can say, that this special parking space was never free. He was accustomed to park 2-3 minutes walk away. Till that day...

But that brings me to some strange ideas:
- A police-biter (super dark-blue) comes along and looks, if there is any wrong parking car on his planet. Then he waits for 5 minutes, if the driver eventually comes back. If not he eats the car.
- Small biters like the warm motor and when bored they come along and sit on the motor... uhm... and because it takes too much space they remove the motor.
- You let the car alone in the dark, while you go alien-egg-shopping. Nice. Other creatures come and steal the stuff out of your car.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Rens2Sea
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Rens2Sea »

ssilk wrote:
Darthlawsuit wrote:Even in video games man cannot remember where they parked their car.
I know a fried which forgot it. He searched 2 hours. Then he called the police, because he thought it was stolen.
Lol, i actually read that as "fried witch". That would be weird :lol:

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

This post used to make sense
xD

Duke Nukem
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Duke Nukem »

Yes. This would be a great feature. And yes, this would be useful if the trains also had a locator feature. Hopefully, they do this.

Malkasphia
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Malkasphia »

ssilk wrote:

They came and asked him, if this cars straight across the street of the house-entry doesn't look like his...

For his excuse I can say, that this special parking space was never free. He was accustomed to park 2-3 minutes walk away. Till that day...

But that brings me to some strange ideas:
- A police-biter (super dark-blue) comes along and looks, if there is any wrong parking car on his planet. Then he waits for 5 minutes, if the driver eventually comes back. If not he eats the car.
- Small biters like the warm motor and when bored they come along and sit on the motor... uhm... and because it takes too much space they remove the motor.
- You let the car alone in the dark, while you go alien-egg-shopping. Nice. Other creatures come and steal the stuff out of your car.
Wow, what a story sslik. Hahahah. I am pretty bad at spotting things, as my subs on youtube can tell you. But damn, this does take the cake!

CherryKiss
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CherryKiss »

Duke Nukem wrote:Yes. This would be a great feature. And yes, this would be useful if the trains also had a locator feature. Hopefully, they do this.
Dude! Where's my train? :D

Sedado77
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedado77 »

NOOOO!!! I'm AGAINST IT!!!!

I don't want Mal to stop saying "Dude, where's my car?"!!!!!!!!!
You're taking the fun out of the videos he makes!!! :(

Maybe... a compromise.
Put the button to find the car... BUT give Malkasphia a version wich doesn't have that feature :P

Love your vids, Mal!!!
I'm at work right now... Can't wait till 11pm to get out and watch your new episode!! ;)

And the train... There should be a research option for putting "Crossing Lights", taht you can put next to the rail (as in it were an station) and when a train is (lets say) 30 track squares down, and coming to the crosslight, it shoud start making noise or a green and red light... so you know the train is comming! :)

Hope somebody likes my ideas!

CherryKiss
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CherryKiss »

I SO wanted to see Mal or his car get wrecked by the train at least once :D maybe on his next LP he's just started!

Sedado77
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedado77 »

CherryKiss wrote:I SO wanted to see Mal or his car get wrecked by the train at least once :D maybe on his next LP he's just started!
Have you seen inzania's youtube videos??? There's one time he is in his car, and the train passes like 1 mm (0.04 inch) from him.... I though he was going to die, he thougt that too, and then he laughs sooooo hard i almost piss my pants xD
If you liked Mal's Videos, you'll like Inzania's as well :)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”