Stock building

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Fedorrro
Inserter
Inserter

Stock building

Post by Fedorrro »

I propose to add to the game storage buildings. Mechanics and purpose they will be like the chests, but large capacity, cost, and a largeк area of the building.
For those who like to do stocks will be a very good solution.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Stock building

Post by brunzenstein »

Fedorrro wrote:I propose to add to the game storage buildings. Mechanics and purpose they will be like the chests, but large capacity, cost, and a largeк area of the building.
For those who like to do stocks will be a very good solution.
There is a warehouse mod available already which does exactly that

Khaylain
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Khaylain »

I'd like to add my approval to the idea of making storage buildings. Perhaps with a only one item type in each "warehouse", so if you want to have a storage area you'll have to decide if you want to store large amounts of one item in a warehouse, or several items in a lot of different chests. Perhaps the footprint of the warehouse should be 3x3, with a capacity of six times a steel chest (48x6=288 slots, IIRC) and a cost of around 60 steel, 45 gears, 10 red circuits, 4 smart inserters, and 10 express belt.

If the warehosue gets six times the capacity of a steel chest but only takes up 3x3, it'll be a better storage for beltfed storage, but robots could have the storage chests at 3x3 and have 1.5 times the storage of the "warehouse". The "Warehouse" should be accessible by robots But if you want to make sure that only one item is stored in something you can use that. Or if we'd get a filter on Storage Chest, that would help allieviate some of the problems I have with trying to make a storage area.

Another option could be to make the "Warehouse" take up 10x10 and have extreme storage capacity and extreme cost with filters.

@brunzenstein Even if there is a mod that does it, does that make the idea stupid for the base game? I feel like it's a good idea regardless, or perhaps because there is a mod for it it shows people found the need for it. Just my 2 cents.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I made a list: viewtopic.php?f=80&t=23008 Warehouse / Depot / Storage / Stock (and related)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

ssilk wrote:I made a list: viewtopic.php?f=80&t=23008 Warehouse / Depot / Storage / Stock (and related)
Whooow
Thanks for all the fish / that was a lot of work indeed!

Fedorrro
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Fedorrro »

brunzenstein wrote:There is a warehouse mod available already which does exactly that
Thanks, nice mod! With warehouse logistic is much better!

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”