Receiving electric network information in circular networks

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Boblakk2
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Receiving electric network information in circular networks

Post by Boblakk2 »

There should be a possibility to have electric network information in the circular network (such as accumulator capacity and max/current productivity, ...)

Playing the first map I came up with the idea that using coal to produce energy is kind of a ressource waste. So I ended up using a lot of solar panels and accumulators. At the first try to stop the steam engines everything went fine and I kept them down, but in the second night the laser turrets needed so much energy the accumulators could not store.
So me and fiends came up with a nice idea: we want the steam engines to start if the accumulator is at specific amount of capacity. Problem is we cannot get the (current / max) capacity of the accumulators into the circular network. I think this mechanism would be really nice for a lot of stuff!

Thanks for the game(!) and taking ideas,
Boblakk

EDIT: This would additionaly make the combinators more essentially (because we beated the game using none due to robots) and these are awesome if there is a need

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Receiving electric network information in circular networks

Post by ssilk »

Why do you need the max capacity? I mean, yes, why not... but when you want to be so exact you need also to know how fast is your stored power sinking, and how much is the capacity of your steam engines....

Have a look in "show your suggestions". There are many examples about switching power of steam engines. and also this https://wiki.factorio.com/index.php?tit ... priorities
A bit out of date, but still working...

See also what's planned: http://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-123
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”