Late game Monsters

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

boksiora
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Late game Monsters

Post by boksiora »

Hi all,

here are my ideas for longer game

Generally after you make progress to the late game there are not many challenges

How to solve that?

Monsters!!!!!!!!!!

- Monsters idea 1 - Spawn monster bases at random

After you make all upgrades killing monsters is easy task. I want to have more fun with monsters and i purposely don’t kill their bases so i can have something to play with

If you want to solve that you can add algorithm to spawn monster bases at random near your pollution range, so you can always have a challenge.

- Monsters idea 2 - Far away monster bases to send regularly troops

You can make far away monster bases to send troops to attack you if you see them on the map or if pollution has reached them

This will make it progressively harder to hold the monsters if you don’t kill their bases and go for exploration

- Monsters idea 3 - monsters make creep

Monster to spawn some creep near they bases so you cant build towers just near the main monster base. This way you have to take the base by hand or tanks

- Monsters idea 4 - further away from center = more monster bases

When you move further to explore the monster bases are more dense

- Monsters idea 5 - monster bosses

If the monster base is big you have to take out special Boss

I am just brainstorming here and throwing ideas...

Let me know what you think

ShizukaMiyuki
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Late game Monsters

Post by ShizukaMiyuki »

Idea #1 is already in the game, Aliens can migrate 3 chunks away from any player made base, and 3 chunks away from any alien base.
Idea #4 I can't remember if this is already in the game, Its been so long since I've played the game without the RSO mod, so if this isn't in the game yet, I guess its only right if they add it, of course there needs to be a limit though...
Idea #5 can be interesting, I find it easy in end game to just use construction robots and laser turrets with pylons, if there was a boss that adds some sort of EMP field effect around a certain radius making all electronics dysfunctional, then yeah that could be a fun challenge (maybe a research to come along with it? for the armor I mean so that it doesn't get affected by the EMP?)
for your idea #2 & #3 I couldn't think of a good response :3
Meow, Meow, Meooooow....

boksiora
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by boksiora »

Now that i played a 20+ hour game i find that the monsters are perfecly OK

Maybe only boss is good idea

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I added it to the link list of viewtopic.php?f=80&t=139 Enemy Variations / Enemy Variety / New Enemies / Boss
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Behemoth biters are a recent addition, and pretty damn tough to kill too. (Unless you play my mod, then you get Badasses, they're even harder to kill.)
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Astrohunter789
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Astrohunter789 »

What if then you get a satellite it will scan the planet and will give the coordinates of the main base wich has a giant spawner like 50x50 big wich then destroyed will have a hole in wich you can go and you will be in the underground alien cave sistem wich has at the start alot of ore becos aliens will have big waves of attacks and to stop them you will nide to find the queen wich will spawn biters and can call out of the ground worms.
After killing the queen she will drop one special pack wich can be uset to make a research with wich you can control the aliens or destroy all of them.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”