Electricity!!!!!

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Quxzcover
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Electricity!!!!!

Post by Quxzcover »

Ive gone through 2 pages of suggestions and the common suggestions, ive searched "power" and "electricity" and for the life of me i cant find another topic concerning the very limited options you have for power. so here are my suggestions for more types of power:

Oil Burners
Much like steam engines but they run on burning oil, coal and oil based products.
coal obviously creating little power to petroleum creating lots of power. finally something to use all that heavy oil on.

Wind turbines
Reliable constant energy. but it takes up ALOT of space. and if theres and obstruction in either direction of them then they create less power. (a good alternative early game?)

Reactors
no idea what they will react too but none the less. they create constant free electricity but create HUGE amounts of pollution.

Perpetual motion machine
VERY expensive and VERY large. one of LAST technologies. produces large amount of clean power for free.

id love to hear other people suggestions or if they can add onto these suggestions :D.

Kelderek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Electricity!!!!!

Post by Kelderek »

You must not have done a very good search, considering that what you just posted is already listed at the very top of the Frequently Suggested Ideas post that is stickied in this forum:
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=4806

Also, as a side note, reactors shouldn't produce pollution. Nuclear reactors in real life have almost zero pollution, they just have the extremely rare risk of radiation from a meltdown.

The perpetual motion machine seems a bit hokey to me, so I wouldn't really want something like that in the game.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Oil burning boilers, and wind turbines, do want.

I think there's already a mod, or several, for nuclear reactor generators.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Gnarflord
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Gnarflord »

But you can get electricity from Oil! You can turn any sort of oil into Solid Fuel (https://wiki.factorio.com/index.php?title=Solid_fuel)
Then you can put it into a boiler just like coal. BTW I think it's more efficient to transform the heavy oil to light oil before making solid fuel out of it.

But I really like the idea of a nuclear reactor. We don't need those boring solar panels, we need some action (and explosions :D)
“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.” - Terry Pratchett

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”