Requester Chest, Default Amount of Items

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

NomisCode
Inserter
Inserter

Requester Chest, Default Amount of Items

Post by NomisCode »

Hello,
there should be option, to set default amount of items for receive from logistic system. If you select item in Requester chest, there is amount sometime 100, sometime 200 etc.
Just let us change this default setting in options :)
It's nagging, when u want 10 items and it sets 100, and then if you change it, still will come 100, because it's instantly on way.
Thanks
Last edited by ssilk on Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: changed topic to fit subject better
Please consider English is not my native language. :D

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Requester chest

Post by Koub »

Hi,

This is one of the recurring requests/suggestions as you can see :
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7997
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=9069
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9241
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12215

One year ago, the devs stated it was intended behaviour, and they didn't intend on changing it. Still hope they will change their mind :).

Now this is moddable, and there's a mod at least that does this : viewtopic.php?f=91&t=16945.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

NomisCode
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NomisCode »

Okey, thanks for info, i don't wanna use mods now, but if this logic bugs won't be repaired, i will must use mods. That's bad from dev, it can't be too hard to add option to settings..

Sastas
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sastas »

NomisCode wrote:if this logic bugs won't be repaired, i will must use mods.
The items not that random. They got 1 stack when you set it. long time ago, the value was 1 piece. That was more annoying than this, trust me... :)
If you need a hungarian translator/interpretor, contact me. Here or on youtube. Or anywhere :)

youtube.com/sastas

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ghoulish »

Couldn't a brief pause be added before the logistic system kicks in? So you'd set say 10 copper plate for a requester chest, and rather than the logistic system instantly acting, wait 2 or perhaps 3 seconds so a specific number could be set by the player. I often find myself wanting only 1 electric engine for a pump, so I'll request it and the logistic system will bring me a full stack. Sure I can then dump excess into an active provider.. But still.. A brief pause before the logistic system acts on a request (first time only not for every request there after) Might be a little better and allow easier specification for an exact number.
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

NomisCode
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NomisCode »

Ghoulish wrote:Couldn't a brief pause be added before the logistic system kicks in? So you'd set say 10 copper plate for a requester chest, and rather than the logistic system instantly acting, wait 2 or perhaps 3 seconds so a specific number could be set by the player. I often find myself wanting only 1 electric engine for a pump, so I'll request it and the logistic system will bring me a full stack. Sure I can then dump excess into an active provider.. But still.. A brief pause before the logistic system acts on a request (first time only not for every request there after) Might be a little better and allow easier specification for an exact number.
Yeah, i agree with you

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

I think about every possible suggestion to change this has already been made, from pause before requesting, to wait for window close, or add a validation dialog, or simply default to one item. It's simply a design choice from the devs.

Fish
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Fish »

I agree, this is very annoying.
Guess I'll have to use a mod then

Yinan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Yinan »

Koub wrote:I think about every possible suggestion to change this has already been made, from pause before requesting, to wait for window close, or add a validation dialog, or simply default to one item. It's simply a design choice from the devs.
Well, but seeing that there are so many suggestions for that, it seems that the current way is the worst possible way. I haven't seen anyone who likes it as it is now.

NomisCode
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NomisCode »

So, Koub, can u please add a poll to that, maybe dev will watch it, if more people will want this option..

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

There are so many ways it could work, it's not a good idea to make a poll : I think it would spread out the results too much :

Any combination of :
- NULL/1/one stack upon item selection (with exceptions set by item for some expensive items)
- No delay/fixed delay (with an option to set it)/validation (needs to add a "check" button on the GUI/request sent upon inventory close
- Amount of items selectable by
o linear slider/logarithmic slider
o and/or input box
o and/or buttons with preset values (like 1-10-50-100-200-500)

For example, current is :
- one stack upon item selection (with exceptions set by item for some expensive items)
- No delay
- logarithmic slider and input box

My preferred would be :
- NULL upon item selection (number box empty)
- request sent upon inventory close
- logarithmic slider and input box and buttons with preset values (1-10-50-100-200-500)

NomisCode
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NomisCode »

Maybe easiest way is select amount of items and then select them... there is slide, if u open inventory, there is 0, so set amount, set item... without pause or something, just easy way

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ghoulish »

Koub wrote:
My preferred would be :
- NULL upon item selection (number box empty)
- request sent upon inventory close
- logarithmic slider and input box and buttons with preset values (1-10-50-100-200-500)
This is good, the button concept is one they use in rimworld, and it works very well imho.

Though I'm unsure if the request sent on inventory close is optimal, I could see people stressing over why items were't being delivered! I know this crops up a lot, I do hope the devs revisit this area at some point.
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

NomisCode wrote:So, Koub, can u please add a poll to that, maybe dev will watch it, if more people will want this option..
So much about polls in the suggestion board: It makes only sense, if you already discussed a lot and now want to see, if this or that opinion is in majority.

To help further any discussion.

Not "idea should be noticed by devs". Devs are reading this board only from time to time. If they are ready to program a new feature they will search.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Sastas
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sastas »

Koub wrote:There are so many ways it could work, it's not a good idea to make a poll : I think it would spread out the results too much :

Any combination of :
- NULL/1/one stack upon item selection (with exceptions set by item for some expensive items)
- No delay/fixed delay (with an option to set it)/validation (needs to add a "check" button on the GUI/request sent upon inventory close
- Amount of items selectable by
o linear slider/logarithmic slider
o and/or input box
o and/or buttons with preset values (like 1-10-50-100-200-500)
I think if there is a box where you can type, the preset buttons dont really have sense. The delay should be added, and its fine at inventory close, and I think its better than some seconds, or maybe added like, when you close your inventory, or after 60 sec(or something, just quite big, for usually occasions, but if you go afk, and forget to close the inventory, the game sense the change).
The slider with the box is fine this way, but the cursor should be active in the box, like when you set an item, you just write the number, and dont have to click in it, like some web pages, there is some default, but if you type, the value changes, and you not need any other actions.
If you need a hungarian translator/interpretor, contact me. Here or on youtube. Or anywhere :)

youtube.com/sastas

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”