Right click with blue print

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Right click with blue print

Post by Ghoulish »

When you right click with a blue print in hand, it would deconstruct anything under the cursor. And or deconstruct anything under the entire blue print?

I often find I miss an object or two when placing blue prints (stops the blue print from getting placed), being able to right click to remove an object would be better instead of having to drop the blue print, deconstruct whatever, then reopen inventory and find that one blue print from a line of 10.
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

Luingar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Right click with blue print

Post by Luingar »

Rather than this, please make shift-rightclick do this for any object not matching the blueprint. This maintains the "Shift as override" control thing, while allowing for the option of shift-left click placement to not override similar placements that may already exists (for example, already placed normal turrets instead of the blueprinted laser turrets)

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ghoulish »

Luingar wrote:Rather than this, please make shift-rightclick do this for any object not matching the blueprint. This maintains the "Shift as override" control thing, while allowing for the option of shift-left click placement to not override similar placements that may already exists (for example, already placed normal turrets instead of the blueprinted laser turrets)
When you have an object in your hand and right click something, it'll deconstruct. This simple feature should be just the same if you have a blue print in hand. I don't think a modifier would be needed for this, it's a standard feature already - just not with blue prints. A modifier option could be saved for blanket deconstruction, so if you had several objects stopping the blue print from being placed the over ride would force deconstruction of everything then stamp the blue print.

Though blanket deconstruction isn't the aim of this suggestion. Just enable deconstruction with blue print in hand on right click please devs :)
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

The issue with right click with a blueprint in hand is that with anything else in your hand it deconstructs what is directly under the curser as normal, so I'd be in favour of the shift-right click.

Either way, I agree with the idea in principle.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”