Blueprint-Tablet

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Lewoke
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Blueprint-Tablet

Post by Lewoke »

So apparently we can shoot a satellite into the sky, launch a rocket to fly to stars but we cannot build an, in comparison, easy personal computer or tablet? a bit strange isnt it? :D

I think a personal blueprint tablet/computer would really be cool. I know the Idea of a Blueprint-Book is out there but this "tablet" im thinking of is more than that. Not only could u save ur blueprints, without using ur inventory space, but with this tablet u could draft assembly setups, create production chains etc. Im thinking about something like this: Lets say u want u optimize ur robotic production. Within the tablet u can see which assembly requires what, and then u can play around with certain beltsetup, where u can say, this half to the belt carries that and so on. If u like ur idea u simple click print an the blueprint is generated. Specially in the late game this is feature would awesome.

TL:DR A Blueprint-Tablet would be cool. This Tablet would allow more then saving blueprints. It would enable the player to actually draft assembly-lineups and production chains.

Disclaimer: English isnt my native language. Please excuse spelling and/or grammar mistakes.

Joefesok
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Blueprint-Tablet

Post by Joefesok »

I mean, we sent people to the moon with computers worse than what you probably typed this message on.

But yeah, personal computing would be nice. I think it's already in progress anyway.

ShizukaMiyuki
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ShizukaMiyuki »

I would very much love this, carrying 10 Blue prints and a bunch of resources, circuits, and a bunch of machinery can really eat your inventory,
and I find it more tedious then a fun, nobody likes to go back and forth for a blueprint, and you can't really get roboports to send you the blueprints, at least not the one you want/need specifically.
Meow, Meow, Meooooow....

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Look at https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-108 and search for the coming blueprint book. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Lewoke
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Lewoke »

Ye i know, but what i have in mind is more than just a place to store ur blueprints. I want a tool to play around with builds and beltsetups without actually placing them or using/extending existing ones (so basically drawing/drafting a setup). Only if im satisfied, i actually want to create the blueprint. Imagine it like a drawing board, editor or a CAD program (really basic tho). Right now u create blueprints by coping existing builds (and the blueprintbook would "only" allow u now to store them without wasting inventory slots) u do not draft them.

edit: And u have no possibility to edit existing blueprints other than placing them, changing what u think needs to be changed and then copy them again. With an actually editior (blueprint-tablet, computer or whatever) u could simply edit ur blueprint

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

So you may have a look into this: viewtopic.php?f=80&t=4682
I mean the direction is clear. And for the detais we need to wait for the changes, that will come with v0.13 :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Lewoke
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Lewoke »

ye sort of :)

for example, i want to able to play around with beltloads, like, i place a factory (let's name it factory 1) while im in the editor, i see which items are required (production wise) and then i can play around with possible belts and load combinations, like, lets try if it is efficient if belt A is split and carries x and y, or is better to load x on Belt B because factory 2 needs also x. Also, what is the most efficient way to place the inserters needed for factory 1 and 2. Another feature i would love is a little info box above the factory, where u see items required, crafting speed etc. Specially when u do complex setups u always have to check this infos again by manually clicking them. In the editor u would always see a little box above the factory. Also a function that sums up about the total amount of items required (not build wise but production wise) and a calculator would be real awesome

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”