End of the game and... what next ? Let's go for ride babe !

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

End of the game and... what next ? Let's go for ride babe !

Post by binbinhfr »

At the end of the game (sending a satellite), it could be boring, so why not doing what we are supposed to do : escape the planet !!!

Ride your rocket and go on another world !

We could put a limited inventory in the rocket and then choose to fly away.
We would crash on a fresh new world (really, we are very bad at driving rockets !!! :-) ), with technologies already known and some chosen ressources (stored in the limited rocket) to start a new life somewhere else...
but maybe on a world with already some high level bitters... so that this rebirth would be quite dangerous till the beginning. (same settings as the initial world, but no spawn/starting/easy zone)

This would be an alternative to sending hundreth of satellites, and those who want to stay, would be able to stay on their rock, but it would be another way to play the game, no ?
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: End of the game and... what next ? Let's go for ride babe !

Post by ssilk »

At the end of the game things gets boring.

search.php?keywords=boring&fid=6

But there are already plans, that fill that gaps.

https://www.google.de/search?q=site:fac ... p+platform
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Well maybe I was a little hard with that "boring" word (english is not my langage). I just wanted to add an easy way of renew the fun and a way to really be RP and consistent with that crash story. :-)
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

Monk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Monk »

I was just about to open a suggestion thread about some kind of "persistent character" like Terraria has it, for example.
One way to implement this could be to split the inventory in character and world slots, where the former would be saved with the current character and the latter with the current map.

This way a player could take part of their inventory, the contents of their quick-bar and their equipment into a fresh world which would make restarting the game less tedious during the early phases. It also would allow players to improve their equipment and tackle higher difficutly levels over time.

In the long run another step could even be splitting research into character (character-based) and factory (map-based) improvement.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”