Effeciency modules idea for turrets.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

vulstar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Effeciency modules idea for turrets.

Post by vulstar »

Right now we have efficiency modules for production buildings, but i would be cool if the same type of upgrades would be used for defenses instead of the old fashioned turret research upgrades that just add 10% or 20% to a stat.

Possible upgrade modules could be for example:
- tier 1
--Range module +10%;
--Damage module +20%;
--Speed module +20%;

- tier 2
--Range module +15%;
--Damage module +30%;
--Speed module + 30%;

- tier 3
--Range module +25%;
--Damage module +60%;
--Speed module +60%;

For research there could be researches for the corresponding modules like with the normal modules.
And a research for adding module slots for lasers and for gun turrets, up to a max of 2 or 3 module slots?

Pro's:
- New factory's for making upgrade modules for your defenses.
- Getting new items to play with from your research.
- Gun turret gets more useful with the range module for its current short range lack over some enemies.
- It gives more variations on how to build defenses.

And if you want to go even further, the beacon could be changed to also allow for turret modules.

The prices and exact stats for the modules could be discussed.
If someone feels like making a mod for it now, please let it be known :) and feel free to discus about this idea.

MalcolmCooks
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Effeciency modules idea for turrets.

Post by MalcolmCooks »

The same kind of modules could be used in turrets I think
Speed module - increased firing rate at the cost of increased energy/ammo consumption
Efficiency module - reduced energy/ammo consumption
Productivity module - okay I have no idea how this could be used in a turret :lol:

vulstar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Effeciency modules idea for turrets.

Post by vulstar »

MalcolmCooks wrote:The same kind of modules could be used in turrets I think
Speed module - increased firing rate at the cost of increased energy/ammo consumption
Efficiency module - reduced energy/ammo consumption
Productivity module - okay I have no idea how this could be used in a turret :lol:
While i though about this initially as well, the idea of "combat" or "defense" modules would add a new production facility to the game adding more depth. Currently i just set-up a single laser-turret production-line and i am done for the rest of my game for making defenses. By adding some modules i am hoping to have some more things to produce :) And with the right balance also make the bitters more challenging to defend against during mid/late game when you require better turrets.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”