belt tools

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

nours77
Inserter
Inserter

belt tools

Post by nours77 »

Can you add best splitter, with 3 belt, 4 blet, splitter in one way and adder in the other.(now adder don t work very good on lane of belt)
Can you add a wider belt with 3 lane or 4 lane on belt, and splitter and undergroud belt and distributor (can put item on the right lane of belt or can group 2 belt) with it, provide plants with all items need in one belt will be cool
Can you add a half belt for take one item in the belt with mini belt, and then make 2 items (copper plate and iron gear wheel) in belt go plant and take mini belt to extend belt with iron gear wheel but not copper plate and go in other blet for plant of fast tranport belt, for example.
Can you add a belt not for item but for player, go fast for make easer move in big factory where car can no come... i dream about flying car....

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: belt tools

Post by ssilk »

Not understood. I read that 4 times and I can't figure it out. In general I can say it is part if the game to deal with the belts as they are.

Please have a look into all types of belts in the docu. Good starting point is here: https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... rt_network
If then are needs, well... :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Dysoch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dysoch »

ssilk wrote:Not understood. I read that 4 times and I can't figure it out. In general I can say it is part if the game to deal with the belts as they are.

Please have a look into all types of belts in the docu. Good starting point is here: https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... rt_network
If then are needs, well... :)
I agree. I get that the english of some peoplr is bad, but this is just rambling (mean no offence)

Try to categorize each thing you want and specifically tell the details.
This makes it easier for us to understand
Creator of:
- DyTech
- DyWorld
- DyWorld-Dynamics
- DyWorld-Dynamics 2
Active since Factorio 0.6

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BurnHard »

As I understand, what we wants are basically 1-4 lane-wide belts, improved merging-functionality of the splitters for 1-4 lanes. The rest I dindn't understand as well :D

btw, you can use the belts as they are now for faster travening already

nours77
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nours77 »

sorry for my english it not very good i know

we had know a spliter with 2 belt i would like with 3 or 4 blet in (splitter in a way( <- ) and adder in the other (->))
we had blet with 2 items on it i would blet with 1,2,3,4 items on it and splitter and underground with that, and a special splitter that chose where put item on blet with 4 items belt
and a blet not for item but for player, can move fast and easy in big compact fatory

i hope it better like this.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I try to translate from "unknown" to English ;)

- He wants a splitter with 4 input/output belts
- when joing belts, the joining should use both lanes of the belt

A new type of belt:
- belts with up to 4 lanes for up to 4 items instead of two
- matching splitters and underground belts.
- a special splitter that chooses, which input item is placed on which output lane of this 4-lane belt.

And a belt for the players fast movement in his factory.

I hope I got it? :)

My comment to this:
I like the idea with the 4:4 splitter, that also joins and mixes the lanes to achieve maximum throughput. I would rename it to 4:4 joiner/splitter, and it could be used at train stations for the output of the chests to avoid blocking and for the input to the chests to split it equally to five chests. It's usage is then mainly to achive best throughput.

I like also the idea with the splitter which splits items into lanes. This is really worth thinking, because it would work with the current splitter, which has just a bit different algorithms and a interface.
A filter lane splitter would work like follows:
- a filter inserter interface for the four lanes.
- the interface has three special options:
-- default, output like with a normal splitter
-- none (if nothing should be placed at that lane) and
-- anti-jam, which is the output for all filtered lanes, which cannot be placed, because they are full.

The 4 lanes belt I give no chance, because an item is 0.28 lanes. Everything has to be changed... And I don't see the need. Maybe a three lanes belt? Hm. Dunno. Maybe worth a try... Could be usefull.

Players belt: well. We can place already other belts. I begun to use two express belts in a row to bring me and my car into and out of the center of my factory. Somehow fun :) and avoids driving thru narrow places and destroying everything.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

nours77
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nours77 »

oui c est ca, merci
hard to speak english my english school memory not very good i thanks you.
i would 4 items belt for unload train and distribute, you are perspicacious.
and plant use 2 or 4 item to product, i would like a belt for take all item we need to make a plant make blue research bottle in one belt for example. we can do if we have not, but it will cool to have it (ideas for make game better no need), maybe better inserter will be need too for that, unload train can be in up and down, but for a plant arms can t catch items so far.
i would like a splitter with in enter one 4 lane of items blet and out 2 belt of 2 lane of item too.
i would like belt with 1 item (lane of item) on it too (with just underground belt for this), for take one item on a blet of 2 items and come in an another belt for example.
long time to have blue belt, i would player belt, and we can do near start game, with yellow or red belt, but we can t move item on it just player, i use belt to cross my factory with my car too ^^...... when flying car come ? a star war landspeeder is an possiblility in factorio i think, you call space ship with rocket defence.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”