[Metagame] Real-world-like economics stats.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

DailyFrankPeter
Inserter
Inserter

[Metagame] Real-world-like economics stats.

Post by DailyFrankPeter »

TL;DR:
Efficiency stats/achievements that would enhance a replay value - reason to go in and build it better this time. Something to test, improve on, compete with yourself or others over. The K/D ratio of Factorio.

Full version:
I would like to see the stats in the 'P' screen expanded and evolved into a sort of meta. Essentially, what I'm suggesting is to apply some financial reporting to the factory. ;) Aside from Production and Consumption we could have:

1. Total Production Value - calculated perhaps as materials value * time needed (excluding consumables, see below)
2. Total Fixed Assets - the value, as calculated above, that's been put in the factory itself
3. Consumables - several types of items which are expected to vanish and not be converted into some other product, e.g. coal in burners or ammo loaded into turrets
4. COGS ("Cost of Goods Sold" - I love this terminology ;)) including:
  • - cost of "maintaining" the factory (TFA, as above)
    - cost of consumables
    - cost of energy produced (all of it, including wastage)
So COGS in the game could be = TPV-Cons./(TFA+energy+Cons.).

Etc, many other in-between indicators can be invented. And then, make a highscore chart where I can beat my own efficiency stats and get an achievement. This could be peak value, or there could be a "measure now" button (as a balance sheet is generally a "snapshot" of the financials of an enterprise), as I imagine building up to that would be way less efficient. However this could provide a reason to go back to a factory over and over and rejig stuff. Or to reroll a map in order to find resources that are better placed.

What do you think?
Last edited by DailyFrankPeter on Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Metagame] Real-world-like economics stats.

Post by ssilk »

I think I add it to
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21246 More Game Information (Statistics, Monitoring, Graphs)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

DailyFrankPeter
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [Metagame] Real-world-like economics stats.

Post by DailyFrankPeter »

I just had an extra idea: this could be combined with "player deliveries to home planet", as some people suggested.

With each goods shipment, the game would produce a report for the player about how efficiently the stuff is being produced (and award a hefty CEO bonus, of course, in the form of some achievements - that is if the target was met).

Think Dune 1 and the spice shipments.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”