Endless ore patches

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Endless ore patches

Post by ssilk »

No pure physics: The planet we are talking here about is surrounding a gas gigant (like Jupiter) or bigger. Every now and then the planets surface is wrinkled by small earthquakes. At that time such animals come out then, cause it's also a good time to spread. Because with daylight such animals begin to develop into a plant. And therefore they need to search a good place. And the evolution made them strong for that so, that they can fight the place they found.

So when you open the "chambers" to the underground, it's the signal for that animals to come out and spread.

Which they will do of course.

Which results in a totally destroyed outpost, overgrown with trees (if there is the right ground for trees), if you don't care. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

I would rather do the opposite... The really horrible creatures start pouring out during the nights or Solar Eclipses that last forever. Just like in Pitch Black:
e37d52e52c_48623086_o2.jpg
e37d52e52c_48623086_o2.jpg (7.96 KiB) Viewed 2842 times
Or in the latest movie when the stormfront rolls in and the monsters dwelling in the ground start to surface from the mud. :D

Gnu89
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Gnu89 »

Im sorry to say guys, but gas giants usually emit alot of radiation and have very strong magnetic fields that really make it hard for surface carbon based life. but i guess we can have nanofibre wareworms? maybe? :D

Thanks for your comments. I have alot more ideas about this endgame mining site. I just wanted to make a short post to see if it resonated. Should i do a new thread where i go over the idea in more detail you think?
I'd be suprised if this concept havent crossed the minds of the devs already. The latest FFF reveals they are thinking about this issue already.That you spend more time setting up new mines than doing anything else in the endgame.

If you have more ideas comments, with or without warewolfs, please share :D

Gnu

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Gnu89 wrote:Im sorry to say guys, but gas giants usually emit alot of radiation and have very strong magnetic fields that really make it hard for surface carbon based life.
The emissions don't come from the gas gigant, it's a combination of sun radiation and the strong magnetic field of such a gas gigant. And that emissions are only dangerous for life on the inner planets. Even there: There are regions that might be "clean". And like on earth most radiation is filtered out by any atmosphere/planetary magnetic field.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetosphere_of_Jupiter
http://www.astrobio.net/news-exclusive/ ... radiation/
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Gnu89
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Gnu89 »

Interesting, thanks for the links. Fortunatley the moons are tidally-locked so on the far side it should be alot safer. Going to be interesting to see what they come up with after the JUICE project (jupiter icy moons). Looking foward to this weeks FFF. I hope they expand on what they started talking about in the last one :)

LuuMor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LuuMor »

After reading "Friday Facts #129 - The late game" I had some ideas about the topic.

I like the idea of the richness of the mining sites growing the further you are from the center of the map and that would be just implemented as stated.

The dirty ore part got me thinking more and here's my take on the topic:
- Dirty ore should be slower to mine and you could mine it with every drill. (Four times slower?)
- New mining drill that reduces the time needed to mine dirty ore. (Doubles the speed of mining dirty ore?)
- Using dirty ore directly in furnances should be slower to smelt. (Like four times slower?)
- You can automate washing the dirty ore to turn it to normal ore: Using Assembling machine 3 that needs water and two dirty ores to produce one normal ore. (Good ratio?)

This way we have all the wanted features. :)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”