reorder build que

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

antimate
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

reorder build que

Post by antimate »

i desperately need an easy way to move priorities around down in the cornor. so lets say i need 100 red science, and craft that in my hand and all of a sudden runs out of track. so i want to make tracks instead. but i have to delete the que first. before i can get to make the tracks.

so i want a way to click and drag around in the que so i can move other stuff in front of what i making at the moment so when a circle is done it moves to the now new highest priorities.

second wish a way to click on an item i want to craft and put a priority number on. from 1-5 or 1-10. so lets say i walk around, doing stuff. i can have the most important craft made first before moving up the priority. this should be an expert setting that i could click on and off, if needed. so it's a way to make handcrafting more efficient. lets say you play a challenge map. and have to plan ahead. and while the stuff you need in the beginning is being build you can lay down your factory. all at the same time. but only for experts, who have played this game for some time. and have a good multi tasking brain working :P

the priorities could be made by middle clicking a craft item and move the mouse to the right or left and the further to the left the lower the number and the higher priority it gets and move the mouse to the right. its a higher number but lower priority.

if not as a part of vanilla? mods? anyone? :P plz! my brain works harder than build time. so need some efficiency (and maybe a spelling/grammar book) but never mind that! :P

love the game as always. been needing this game for sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long! :P love it! specially when i'm a cnc engineer operator irl :P great love!

Antimate

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: reorder build que

Post by ssilk »

1. Please write proper English (if you can). writing only lowercase or leavin awa lettrs looks cool, but is difficult to read.
2. You second thought will go under. Please write only one suggestion per thread.
3. I added this to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=10222&p=79095#p79095 Improvement of crafting queue
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

sasaa_86
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sasaa_86 »

I would love such a feature where maybe alt clicking gives a recipe priority 1
just annoying as hell to have something been build that uses alot of resources and i need something like ammo.
I will have to clear my inventory cancel the current craft(s) make ammo and craft the first recipe then pickup my stuff from a chest.

i have had more then once that i clear my crafting cue and items spurt out onto nearby belts and make my life a mess.

LazyLoneLion
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by LazyLoneLion »

I suppose I'd like to replace production queue (FIFO) with a stack (LIFO).
Maybe with an option in the game settings.

Like if I asked to build 100 red science, and all of a sudden want to build one track, it will be put either first in queue, or the second after already started first of hundred science packs (to not lose production progress). Or just save the progress of partially built science pack but first build one track anyway and then continue science pack production.

Don't really need a queue.
Last edited by LazyLoneLion on Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

ske
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ske »

Replacing the FIFO with a LIFO queue would solve the pain quite effectively. It makes the programming of the queue logic a bit harder, but not much.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”