Decorative Blocks

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

PyroFire
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Decorative Blocks

Post by PyroFire »

I don't think this has been suggested yet, but i would really like something to spruce up my factory.

Only having one style of flooring (concrete), and literally nothing in the way of decoration aside from lights.
I would use the stone floors, but that slows down the character and is still a bland grey.

I would like to at least place down a tree, perhaps with a little garden around it or something.
(Which would also help remove some from the massive amount of unused raw wood stockpiles i have)

Maybe a bench that the character can sit on?

Something?

Anything?

Please, my factory looks like an incoherent blob of grey.

And i know there's probably mods for this, but i don't want to play with mods, i would like to play this as the developers intend it to be played.
Not asking for hundreds of items, just a few things to add some flavour to my blueprints, as everything is starting to look somewhat the same.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Decorative Blocks

Post by ssilk »

Yes. If can you explain, why some lonely person on a planet full of not very friendly native life, fighting to survive will have the need to decorate his factory? :)

What I also see is the need to plant trees or make food (see viewtopic.php?f=80&t=14638).
But - as you might already see the trees don't like the pollution and get grey and dark.

See also
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=209 Decorations
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3980 Item stand

A bench:
Well, there are some suggestion for the player to built his own house like Robinson Crusoe. or a throne room:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6 RTS direction
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=191 Throne room
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=972 Home sweet home
search.php?keywords=house&terms=all&aut ... mit=Search
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

PyroFire
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Decorative Blocks

Post by PyroFire »

ssilk wrote:Yes. If can you explain, why some lonely person on a planet full of not very friendly native life, fighting to survive will have the need to decorate his factory? :)
His, and my sanity.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”