Construction timers/Hand Crafting

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Construction timers/Hand Crafting

Post by TGS »

I don't know how possible this would be, but when you mouseover recipes in the crafting menu it gives you a 'time' unit that I've asked about on another thread that was changed to be uniform in seconds recently (Thanks for that btw). But something I've been noticing because I do a lot of the more complex crafting by hand rather than assemblers because I can't be bothered setting up the more complex assembler systems it would be really nice if there was a countdown timer or even just a total 'time' unit that counts down with each finished product above the two bars of item construction it goes through. When you've queued like 50-100 blue potion's or any really complex item it would be really good to have a countdown of the time so you know roughly how long you're going to be sitting there constructing.

Tbh 'time' is a resource in both form and function with this game. So it really should be displayed in all facets possible with regards to how things are being made. It could even be optional.

Also as a secondary thing, it would also be really nice if you could add things to your queue as priority builds so that if you have a really long queue of things you're building that is going to take you 20 minutes to complete, you don't have to cancel all of them to add whatever x it is. Or have an easier way of clearing your entire queue so that you can easily add things to the top then requeue everything you just cancelled. I guess I really should just get into the habit of setting up assembler chains for all of this.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”