some ideas

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

nours77
Inserter
Inserter

some ideas

Post by nours77 »

In first your game is cool, i tell some ideas to make it better.
You should develop robot, for cutting wood and put in factory or chest, for protect area in not the same roboport but a roboport for battle (it can shoot too), to follow caracter and proctect him with laser, put robo for player defend in armor menu, one robot = 1/2 laser tower will be good (better laser shoot by armor i think).
There is less thing to do after make blue bottle research, you sould make some thing to do after finish to automate the labs, maybe a little explore but you should do two thing for that, make some thing to find like old factory, chest with treasure, and make alien a way to can come in it, you sould structuring alien town for that.
A flying car or any ship will be cool to, it boring to go in car will lot of water or forest map.
We are in futur ? where is the méga phaser ?

thanks to listen

ps sorry if my english is not perfect, i m french and i m not very good.

nours77
Inserter
Inserter

Re: some ideas

Post by nours77 »

and if robo can mine wood and iron, copper, coal, stone, we can do all with it and not use belt anymore, then use chest, furnace and factory only.
Maybe few video problem with all robo in screen.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I'm nearly sure, with blueprints the construction bots are able to clean an area.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TGS »

Interesting ideas certainly. However I think that you're essentially talking about creating robotic automation for all the things you don't want to engage in. As awesome as the automation in this game is, it already has the 'issue' where once you get things setup you aren't really playing the game so much as watching it play itself. I don't know that the game needs more of that at this point. If you had robots doing literally everything for you then why are you the player there at all after it's setup.

I do agree with the clearing aspects though, to a point.

nours77
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nours77 »

It is interesting for 2 things, in first no pollution with robo mine (just a way to make furnace no pollution and we can do a factory which does not attract aliens) and second don t afraid alien crush belt even far away, and player must search new deposit of iron, copper, build what we need, look for pink artefact, and i hope look for old factory or home with chest, you automate factory for doing another things, and you must not stay close your factory with good defense.

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TGS »

nours77 wrote:in first no pollution with robo mine (just a way to make furnace no pollution and we can do a factory which does not attract aliens)
That's not actually a good thing. There should be the ability to minimize pollution (Which there already is) but not negate it entirely. If you use effectivity modules on your modular buildings you will greatly reduce the power they consume which in turn also greatly reduces the pollution they create. And you can create largely self sufficient factories that generate such a little amount of pollution that you don't attract biters at all. In my current game this is the case. Granted my factory isn't nearly as marvelous as most peoples nor is it nearly as productive. But it does what I need it to do and I'm already half way through the tech tree and moving into alien tech myself.
nours77 wrote:don t afraid alien crush belt even far away, and player must search new deposit of iron, copper, build what we need, look for pink artefact, and i hope look for old factory or home with chest, you automate factory for doing another things, and you must not stay close your factory with good defense.
Again... not really a good thing. If you really don't want to have to worry about aliens, you can play without them (By selecting none on alien bases) but it will remove your ability to progress into the alien technology and higher tech's. But you can have a fully functional factory without them.

nours77
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nours77 »

we have no acces to that tech in the start, and the robo tech need artefact to be done, in all cases we must fight alien to can make robo and in the first step of your factory, you make a lot of pollution and alien come near your factory anyway, where is bad at don t make the end game with lots of tech more easer than the start ? We must build lots of turrets for be safe for all game time in all parts of factory, but in the start need to walk but in end game no need to walk, make a car or exoskeleton for armor that make in that purpose, same way for armor, factory, blet, weapons, turrets, and robo i hope.

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TGS »

nours77 wrote:we have no acces to that tech in the start, and the robo tech need artefact to be done, in all cases we must fight alien to can make robo and in the first step of your factory, you make a lot of pollution and alien come near your factory anyway, where is bad at don t make the end game with lots of tech more easer than the start ? We must build lots of turrets for be safe for all game time in all parts of factory, but in the start need to walk but in end game no need to walk, make a car or exoskeleton for armor that make in that purpose, same way for armor, factory, blet, weapons, turrets, and robo i hope.
You can actually advance to robo-tech without attracting more than 2-5 biter attacks. Once you are at that level you can reduce your energy consumption enough that you will suffer no more. Believe me I've done it in most of my games.

Biters are not hard to kill. Especially the biter attacks you get early on. They simply are not that big of a deal. If your issue is that you do not want combat AT ALL then you can play with biter bases off. If you are struggling with them, then you're not really trying very hard. A few gun turrets will stop most early attacks. A few laser turrets will stop most mid-game attacks. Now once you start getting to late game you are going to either want to seriously manage your energy consumption/pollution OR you are going to need to properly defend your base. This is how the game works. There is also the 'peaceful' mode which I haven't tested so I don't know 100% sure how it works but from what it says, enemies never attack you first. So this removes the pollution attack element entirely. I understand that fighting may not be everyone's thing. But fighting/combat isn't that hard in this game provided you play it properly and don't have bad luck (IE a bad seed or bad biter spawns)

nours77
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nours77 »

i dont agree with you, you need artefacts to finish game anyway need about 1000, i try peacefull, more boring just factory to build, i try it but i never do it again.
like i said we need to protect all parts our factory in all game time with wall and turret, i dont agree but you like this way, ok.
i start this game with the 4.0 release you know, i know how work this game that not the problem, and i have always bad luck, but it is cool an intersting play then (^^).
i would no pollution in few aera of my factory, very close of alien town (a very big town) for example, not all the game but close end game why not a no pollution factory, i mean i had already all artefact i need to finish pink bottle reaserch when i can do robo, (nothing to do then lab automating, look for iron and fight alien for spend time to labs progress, for me then....) no need to fight them in end game, or why not a rush on the rocket defence instead if you want a battle in end game ?

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”